Car Insurance Question. I banged into the side of the housemade a tennis ball sized dent and quite a few scratches i39m 25my ins

fonz33, Dec 26, 10:47pm
I banged into the side of the house,made a tennis ball sized dent and quite a few scratches. I'm 25,my insurance policy has an excess of $300 plus $450 for 21-24 year olds inclusive. I was 24 yrs 11 months when the last account came so my excess will still be $750 even though I'm 25 until the next bill comes in late January right when it will go down to $300. I went to a guy I know is one of the cheapest in town for a quote,said my excess was $750. He said he'd do it for $700 cash. Am I best to wait a month and put in a claim then or get it done now for $700 without going through insurance! Cheers

ralphdog1, Dec 26, 11:06pm
That comes down to your morals and assessment of the risk of telling the insurance company porkies.

theram1, Dec 26, 11:15pm
Wait until you are 25. By then if the paint is broken rust may have started and you risk capture.

fonz33, Dec 26, 11:47pm
Na,it's alright. Rang up,found out it was actually $300 excess now. Sweet as,although the premium will still be damn expensive because of this

msigg, Dec 27, 1:03am
Stay away from useing the insurance, get a couple of quotes and just pay.

utwo, Dec 27, 10:57pm
All that matters is the date you file the claim, not the date of the accident. My car was damaged whilst parked (the other party didn't leave their details). The insurance advisor at AMI advised me to wait another three weeks before filing the claim, as my no claims discount was due to increase. He even checked with his manager to make sure it was all above board.

sirdoug, Dec 29, 4:28am
i think you must advise any damage to a Insurance company within 7 days.Lets not get into their morals. Claims Officers are trained how to decline a claim in the first instance rather than pay alegitamate claim.

carclan, Dec 29, 4:55am
You could always take to the body shop when you are in the big house, I would thats where you are going to end up by doing something like this.