Advice 4 Mazda capella sw 91

ant72, Jan 21, 7:29am
Shes a 4wd-jap ass-2.0L goldtop twin cam-fe.No get up and go until about 3Krevs-used to go well.replaced air filter/plugs/rocker gasket/fuel filter-have put 3 injector cleaners in last few weeks-When the hammer goes down shes slow-gotta watch take off at intersections-once the revs are up shes ok!Sucks the juice.any ideas anyone regards.Ant.

intrade, Jan 21, 7:36am
did you check the transmission fluid! enough in there and what colour!

ant72, Jan 21, 7:40am
not too hot-bit brownish-enough there

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 7:41am
Does it smell like it's burnt!

intrade, Jan 21, 7:42am
you mesured it with engine running i hope! I cant tell you over the net what it could be but these are old and have autotransmissions that fail often just like nissan ones.

intrade, Jan 21, 7:44am
so the engine runs right and revs or is the engine struggeling to pick up revs!

ant72, Jan 21, 7:54am
Struggling to pickup revs from take off-trans oil is a bit burnt i would say-not being a mechanic but sounds like your saying that this is maybe typical of a worn trans or needs fresh trans oil-checkup!checked with engine running full temp

intrade, Jan 21, 8:00am
try to see if it strugels to pick up revs in neutral!

ant72, Jan 21, 8:07am
There is a delay in revs gettin up in nuetral but ive heard these dont really get goin till 2to3K.Sluggish id say.She used to kick bt though but not now.dont like these efi things-to much to go wrong

intrade, Jan 21, 8:19am
efi is ok its some makes that are no good and automatic mazda are one of em

ant72, Jan 21, 8:29am
doesnt sound good.hey-thanks for your help-it is appreciated!One thing that i omitted is that it dont start good either-used to on first hit now it takes a few turns!

intrade, Jan 21, 8:40am
well when was the timing belt changed! becuse that could be another reason why it wont have power belt about to fail.

ant72, Jan 21, 8:45am
shite-better check that-i hope it hasnt slipped a tooth-still has some time on it-think its done about 70ks-thanks-i dont like the sound when pistons and valves meet!

intrade, Jan 21, 8:47am
check if it is slack it should not fail premature only the GM holden opel used to fail premature. but if its got slack it could have jumped a tooth.

mike107, Jan 21, 9:05am
Blocked Cat converter!

intrade, Jan 21, 8:39pm
yea if its a jap import it would have a cat if nz new it wont but i guess a capella is import name nz had em ford telstar named.

ant72, Jan 22, 5:19am
If cat converter blocked whats the result-has the cat got an icu sensor!-therefore things running amok with the icu maybe!Cambelt dry and looks good.thanks.

intrade, Jan 22, 5:21am
check if you can feal any exhaust gas pressure out the tailpipe if you can feeal all 4 piston puffing in your hand then its probably not blocked. If you cant feal anything much in idle then it could be blocked.

ant72, Jan 22, 7:59am
will check it out.

cp2011, Jan 22, 8:49am
if its hard to start may be coolant temp sensor messing up fuel mixtures,or airflow\map sensor , o2 sensor or blocked cat as said beforewith the age of the car id say the cat would be stuffed anyway. but sounds like coolant temp to me