Car stoppers for the garage?!

Page 2 / 3
trader_84, Jan 2, 12:00am
Some people have small garages or shelves and shit in them that if hit - will tweak the house. Nothing wrong with tennis balls hanging from the rafters that have been set up for specific car/parking.

cjdnzl, Jan 2, 12:08am
Why the '!"!That's an over-the-top reaction to a perfectly reasonable answer to your problem.
Carry on like that and you soon enough won't get ANY answers.

kokako14, Jan 2, 12:36am
Yep, that would work.but you arent allowed to use your cellphone while driving, or is that only on the road!

the-lada-dude, Jan 2, 12:41am
ooohh ! bad luck hitting the mirror, but nowthat's another 7 years bad luck

trader_84, Jan 2, 12:47am
Yes, how much land do you have! Don't wanna do the ball thing! Do the carport thing instead. Both ends open and just drive under and stop. Cost you a bit more than a tennis ball and some twine though. You could build a decent car port for around 2.5k in materials . just sayin.

2sheddies, Jan 2, 12:47am
That's a very good (and cheap) idea. Since I have limited room at the front and none at the back, and a big car I might have to give that a try, because I'm fed up with having to get in and out of the car about 3 or 4 times to see if the towbar has cleared the doorway when I'm parking.

rsr72, Jan 2, 1:47am
The tennis ball has forever been the traditional Kiwi garage method.
Times move on however, and one could glue a strip of commercial rubber speed bump material to the floor.

ozz1, Jan 2, 1:48am
ha ha.:)))) verygood.
maybe they just need a bigger garage. :)

bowla3, Jan 2, 4:03am
My wife reversed the car out of the garage, like she always does.
No problem there, you'd think, but I had reversed it in.

theram1, Jan 2, 4:11am
Drive through garage now, that should make parking easy.

bmwnz, Jan 2, 4:17am
Me too. I have used a strip of reflective tape, but currently line up with a hotpoint on the wall in the right position.

bashfulbro, Jan 2, 5:03am
i bought a thing from Super Cheap.it plugs into the wall 240v.has 3 lights, Green, amber, red.it hangs on the wall, as you get close, it goes green.amber.and RED, you placeit where you want, it has a sensor.It is good.must be ,even my wife doesn`t hit the back wall now.

gunhand, Jan 2, 5:42am
I think the rubber stopper has some merit. You could put a strip of rubber on a 4x2 and just sit in correct place. Paint a line to sit it on. If you drive slowly as you should be in a garage when you hit it it shouldnt really move if its rubber on concret. And when yo want to use the space put it aside.
Geez some people over complicate a simple thing. If you havesmall or crowded garage and dont want the ball thing then good idea.

truckr, Jan 2, 6:13am
are you saying your judgement for distances is so bad you need somthing to tell you where to stop ! pmsl what do you do at traffic lights!, get the window washer to guide you.lmao

joanie32, Jan 2, 6:36am
Just did buy now, will see how we go.Cheers for the link

mrfxit, Jan 2, 6:51am
Bit pricy compared to a tennis ball & string

joanie32, Jan 2, 7:13am
But way cooler!

sw20, Jan 2, 7:21am
I must be doing something wrong, I should be looking at more pays to piss useful money away.

lookoutas, Jan 2, 7:25am
If I stopped a foot away, the shed door would hit the car. In fact, 6 inches is too far away. If you need something to help you stop within 1 foot, you might need some driving lessons as well.
A mirror mounted on the opposite wall lets me stop spot-on within half an inch. And at a reasonable pace.

elect70, Jan 3, 12:49am
Justfix an old trye (or 2 )to back wall, Simple&tyre shop give them to you free.KISS principle

mrfxit, Jan 3, 1:25am
Ball on a string = simpler /better looking & easier to fit & to move out of the way . KISS .my shiny metal A%R$*S#e

joanie32, Jan 3, 3:29am
Mate, youre a drag racer, thats the best way to get rid of money Ive ever come across

les6, Jan 3, 7:18am
joanie32 wrote:
Mate, youre a drag racer, thats the best way to get rid of money Ive ever come across[/quote
good to watch but,saw one the other day called `wasted wages`had a chuckle at that.

trade4us2, Jan 3, 7:32am
I was going to suggest having a brick wall at the end of the garage, but have discovered that the bricks don't stop really heavy vehicles.

russ18, Jan 3, 7:33am
bolt down a length of 4x2!