People movers. Hi alllooking at upgrading current caris a 1996 honda oddesygetting a bit old and sadbit like me am looking at ei

Page 1 / 3
skippy33, Jan 3, 12:17am
hi all,looking at upgrading current car,is a 1996 honda oddesy,getting a bit old and sad,(bit like me) am looking at either a mid 2000s honda oddesy or a mazda premacy or toyota wish and also the nissan presage looks ok,but im no expert,anyone have or had any of these and can give pros and cons on them,cheers.

kazbanz, Jan 3, 1:11am
Skippy- if its ok ill use an old car dealer trick to help reccomend a car for you.
What about your odddity (odyssey) do you really like!
What about it do you dislike!
as many things as you want to list.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 3, 3:36am
None of them come close to the VW Touran, its a good 10 years ahead of the other makes and won't be touched for power/economy and features.

mugenb20b, Jan 3, 4:08am
Don't bother with the 2nd gen Odyssey, go for a 2005+

lazzo, Jan 3, 4:42am
Late model Honda Odyssey is my recommendation.

lisapisa2, Jan 3, 5:34am
We've recently bought a 2006 Honda Odyssey Absolute model and love love love it. Had a 1997 odyssey before that. Great cars!

mugenb20b, Jan 3, 5:37am
I had a look at a Touran not too long ago, but didn't bother buying it due to lack of luggage space (when all 7 seats are up). Late model Toyota Ipsum, Honda Odyssey, Mazda MPV and Nissan Presage had just as many features as the VW but more importantly, they all had more room.

clark20, Jan 3, 5:43am
Fixed

shorebee, Jan 3, 5:48am
ex wife has an 05 grandis and seems to love the flexibility and comfort with rear air con etc and not exp to buy, outlander engine which is good just a 4 speed auto not the 6 speed cvt.

countrypete, Jan 3, 7:50am
Well said that man.Shows actual communication skill!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 3, 8:41am
The Point of the Touran is to be as easy and economical to drive as a medium sized 5 seater but to have an extra two proper seats when required. There are larger people movers if you want all 7 seats to be used all the time.
The pressage does not have as many features,
Where is its economical and powerful 6 speed dual clutch transmission! Where is its super efficient direct injection engine!
As a vehicle the pressage is thirsty, lumbering and cheaply built by comparison.
Horses for courses.

mugenb20b, Jan 3, 8:45am
Have you ever driven a Touran Jazz! If so, what did you think of it!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 3, 8:46am
I don't see why you feel the need to handicap the VW. Show me the others that beat it for power/economy in the price range if you don't want it to be called the best.

mugenb20b, Jan 3, 8:47am
It's attached to the engine, but without the dual clutch bit.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 3, 8:48am
Yes, I thought it was great. What did you not like about the drive!
Did you drive the 2.0, 1.6 or the diesel!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 3, 8:49am
What are you on about!

mugenb20b, Jan 3, 8:51am
Well, Toyota has it D4, Nissan has a Neo Di, and Honda still uses its super efficient i-Vtec.

mugenb20b, Jan 3, 8:51am
CVT.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 3, 8:52am
They don't run a CVT they are DSG. The Touran is effectively a stretched MK5 Golf with a higher roof and an extra seat in the back. Its all MK5 Golf running gear. Did you even drive it!

mugenb20b, Jan 3, 8:53am
Never driven one Jazz, too small for us. So, is it like a Golf!

mugenb20b, Jan 3, 8:53am
No, I meant the Nissan, they use a CVT.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 3, 8:53am
Was it even a Touran you looked at or did you just get high on some South Island weed while driving an Ipsum!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 3, 8:55am
I get what you mean now. but cvt is not 6 speed (at best it has "fake" gears) hence my not understanding your angle.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 3, 8:56am
Like all cars on that platform it effectively is a Golf. O.K you lose a little performance and handling due to the extra weight and dimension but they still drive phenomenally well for what they are and the 2.0 FSI Golf motor has performance to spare anyway.

lazzo, Jan 3, 8:57am
The Mitsubishi Grandis is also worthwhile having a look at, brilliant value for money, drives great. Suggest you only look at the 2002+ model though.