WoF fail excessive play in wheel?

Page 1 / 2
llortmt, Jan 4, 2:25am
Took the wife??

llortmt, Jan 4, 2:26am
Also.
He said I need to eliminate this play from the front wheel.
Can I just put the spare on and take it back for retest or will he fail the play in the spare!

llortmt, Jan 4, 2:28am
By the way here's a quick video of the inspector making a hell of a fuss.
Can I report him to someone!
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=xuY_ymt19yU

fordkiwi27, Jan 4, 2:30am
nah sweet as just put some sticky tape in there it will space it.

curlcrown, Jan 4, 2:31am
If you believe he is making it up just to get work then you can pay someone else to do another WOF inspection and see what they say.

theram1, Jan 4, 2:32am
Wheel nuts loose!.

mrfxit, Jan 4, 2:37am
Yep classic loose wheel nuts.
That sound would appear to be the brake rotor floating around because of loose wheel nuts

llortmt, Jan 4, 2:42am
Ok that might be the go do it properly with sticky tape round the bearing surface you think! That might just work because my mates, flat mates, cousins, friends, cell mate packed out his crank shells with cigarette papers and that lasted for 12 years before it knocked on start-up.

msigg, Jan 4, 3:07am
Well I think he is justified making a fuss, the is downright dangerous, good on him!, you must have felt something a miss when driving!. I suggest you take better care of your car, this could have dire consequence for other road users.

scuba, Jan 4, 3:32am
yeah. do that.

scuba, Jan 4, 3:33am
and tell the wof guy to get real.

llortmt, Jan 4, 3:37am
Well as I said its the wife's car so with her constant whinging I can't hope to hear it.
The car goes, fine i just cant see why he failed it, its not like he could pull the wheel off or anything (and he had a good try). 'Excessive play' he called it.
He also recons the snapped bonnet release cable was a 'reason for rejection' they just make it up as they go along to get work I tell you!

supernova2, Jan 4, 4:24am
That wheel is fine - its the rest of the car that'sloose.

twink19, Jan 4, 4:28am
could it be a wheel bearing, and you need to lift the bonnet to check for any corrosion around fire wall and suspension mounts, but dont fix it wait till you kill some one

n1smo_gtir, Jan 4, 4:39am
Did you take hub cap off to check he didn't purposely losen the wheel nuts n put the hub cap back on! Especially if it's not vtnz.

llortmt, Jan 4, 4:45am
I know what they'll say.
that I need more unnecessary work.

casper35, Jan 4, 7:47am
Just get it fixed then you wont be a danger to other road users.

tool_shop173, Jan 4, 8:48am
You guys must all be suckers, its a PI$$ Take.

countrypete, Jan 4, 8:49am
But Duct tape would fix it, no!

tool_shop173, Jan 4, 8:55am
RTV, Duct Tape and a FB Hammer will sort it

beblowin, Jan 4, 9:13am
dont forget to do the alignment as well

deodar1, Jan 4, 9:25am
Depending what "play"meant to him would clarify things.Otherwise a new bearing should improve things,&take it to a garage next time.

kazaral, Jan 4, 11:23am
So you took it today. And the comments on the video go back 3 months. Right.

llortmt, Jan 4, 11:24am
Is that the only thing that roused your suspicion!

andrewcg53, Jan 4, 11:38am
You should of not been allowed to drive it,that is so bad its not even funny.