Early 90s toyota Corona Questiion.

budgel, Jan 4, 4:27am
Can the clutch and pressure plate be changed without removing the engine!
What would a reasonable cost be for the job!

chebry, Jan 4, 6:43am
You will need to seperate the engine and gearbox to fit a new clutch and pressure plate one will need to be removed and the engine is easiest.

a.woodrow, Jan 4, 6:49am
They are actually a bit of a pain to get the gearbox out, the rear mount is a bit tricky. I would still remove the gearbox as opposed to the motor however, unless you're due a cambelt in which case yank motor and box out and do it on the ground.

Reasonable cost! Hmm been a few years since I've done one, think it was about 5 hours from memory, with a muck around in the middle cleaning out the bellhousing. clutch will probably be around $200, labour - whatever the going rate is

budgel, Jan 5, 12:22am
Thanks for your replies, I was asking the question for a mate's car. I was wondering if I could do it for him but it sounds like a bit of a production for my limited resources, whereas it would be fairly straightforward for a well set up workshop.

llortmt, Jan 5, 1:31am
Gearbox out/moved aside every time on a hoist, heaps of space on them I probably wouldn't even pull the drive shafts out the box. 3 hours would be tops.