Windscreen removal and replacement for VN holden

radar51, Jan 4, 7:43am
I have rust in the lower corner of the back window. I ve looked on utube.ive looked on the holden forum. Anyone with an idea!

a.woodrow, Jan 4, 7:46am
Yep, take out the screen, clean up the rust and prime it if it's superficial, otherwise take it to a panelbeater to get the rust removed. then get the screen put back in. If you're not confident to take out the screen get a windcreen outfit to remove and refit for you

radar51, Jan 4, 7:58am
does it involve cutting through glue with a wire hacksaw method and silicone reglue or is it involving an electrical weld tape!

a.woodrow, Jan 4, 8:01am
I'm pretty sure the rear windows are glued in

radar51, Jan 4, 8:13am
thanks. Someone asked the exact queation on the holden chat line in 2006 but got no replies at all

jenny188, Jan 4, 9:42am
Thermo kit screens, i last saw in Holdens in the late 70's. My vx has both put in with urethane sealant

radar51, Jan 4, 7:40pm
thanks jenny

elect70, Jan 4, 11:56pm
Getglass co to remove it, then fix the rust& paint then getit put back in .dida screen for me$100. If they break itthen they replace it .

radar51, Jan 6, 6:32am
thanks. quotes of 160 +gst

franc123, Jan 6, 6:34am
Good advice, its not worth the risk trying to DIY.If you make a cockup you're stuck with it, the pros will also guarantee it won't leak.

mantagsi, Jan 6, 9:13am
+1, unless you do it for a living I wouldn't even bother attempting it yourself, I know on VN's it can be just a little bit finicky, and its worth getting it done nicely the first time. Good luck :)

radar51, Jan 7, 6:03am
took the expert about 3 minutes to remove it so there. I could have done it .