Replacing ute canopy side window -panel beater?

flynn999, Jan 5, 7:03pm
Hi , i have a canopy on a ute i want to replace the side window with a sliding window that opens to let more air in , who would be the best person to do the job ! would a panel beater do this!

thanks

brokebloke1, Jan 5, 7:11pm
how old is the canopy maybe you could go back to maker and ask them to do it!
Orif you want more air flow into it try putting some vents in, buy them from Mitre10 or Bunnings! I did this to a mates canopy when he was transporting dogs around the country.

paull, Jan 5, 7:47pm
does it have lots of little screws all around the inside, if it does just undo all of these and take the retainer off which is the alloy ring which had the screws in it and then the window just pops out,piece of cake maybe half hr tops

kazbanz, Jan 5, 8:51pm
if its a straight swap over then if you aren't up to it Id say an auto glazier rather than a P beater.If the new glass is bigger than the old glass then I'd be dealing with someone who deals in fibreglass work.

spike910, Jan 5, 10:17pm
Fully Equipped in Hamilton did it for me.

It is recommended to consult with a professional or the manufacturer's instructions before attempting any window replacement to ensure the best practices and safety measures are followed. Here are some general best practices for replacing ute canopy windows:

Safety first: Always wear protective gear, such as gloves and safety glasses, to prevent injury from broken glass or sharp edges.

Choose the right replacement window: Make sure you select a replacement window that is compatible with your ute canopy and fits the opening properly.

Remove the old window: Carefully remove the old window from the ute canopy, taking care not to damage the surrounding frame or any other parts of the canopy.

Clean the area: Clean the area around the window opening to ensure there is no debris or dirt that could affect the installation of the new window.

Install the new window: Install the new window into the opening, making sure it fits properly and is securely held in place. Follow the manufacturer's instructions or professional guidance on how to properly install the new window.

Seal the edges: Use a high-quality sealant to seal the edges of the new window to prevent leaks and drafts.

Test the new window: Check that the new window is functioning properly and is securely in place before using the ute canopy.

flynn999, Jan 5, 10:23pm
might try that , thanks for everyones advice , its a pretty old canopy , as old as the ute id say which is 31 yrs now!

xs1100, Jan 6, 9:35am
depends on the actual manufacter you cant swap lift outs to sliding on most