Looking at buying a nissan stx

skin1235, Jan 6, 6:24am
no problems with them, if you can accept they cannot pull a loaded trailer without busting the chassis, the electronics tend to take over and there is no throttle when reversing, you need a stepladder to get to any tools on the deck, the air con is a killer for any rear passengers, the leg room is a killer for any rear passengers, they're typical nissan - gutless until fully laded then they try to outrun the sun, etc, etc
I'd have another anyday cos the opposition is worse on all counts

franc123, Jan 6, 6:29am
YD25DDTi=YD25 Diesel Double Trouble injection.Thats if a rattle rattle bang stop from the timing chains doesn't kill it first.Get a Ranger.

jono450, Jan 6, 6:35am
ok well i only have $35k to spendive got a mate with a new ranger and is having alot of issues at only 5000k on the clock its been back in the shop 3 times all electric propblemsany other ideas. i wont be towning alot just want it as a runabout wen im not working. the dodge is a pain in the ass to get around town in.

gunhand, Jan 6, 6:37am
These units are going to be just awsome in 10 years time. Keep auto electricians in business for years. They are already it seems.

jono450, Jan 6, 6:43am
what about toyota 4wds

jason18, Jan 6, 6:45am
35k Man that would buy a cheaper ute with no problems and some beer to enjoy after the hard days work!

jono450, Jan 6, 6:50am
yeh just want something nice to drive aroundhave been thrashing the old 95 hilux 4 for to long and shes not doin to well now what do you thing is a good buy jason

jason18, Jan 6, 6:52am
I have always liked the vw utes but I have heard bad stories about pretty much every new ute. We had a turbo bounty ute, Was 05 I think. Cos us 18k and did the job. Didn't sort of have the look at me image that seems to follow these big hilux/navara etc utes. Plus they are way cheaper.

jason18, Jan 6, 6:55am
Seen a nice BF falcon ute at turners 07 81kms on clock reserve around 12k. That was in Auckland

jono450, Jan 6, 7:01am
yeh i want 4wd diesel and yeh u r rite just about every ute ive looked at and asked poeple about i hear moe bad than goodsolokks like i will buy a 3 year warrenty with what ever i buy to cover the bad haha

jason18, Jan 6, 7:05am
Yeah for sure. Best to cover your back with these utes. Sad how somethin gso new that should be refined is so crap!

jono450, Jan 6, 7:10am
yeh but in saying that ive had my petrol dodge ram for 5 years 99 model 318 v8 and the amount of people that siad that they are junk was incredible
and the bloody thing has never missed a beat towing a tripple axle trailer day in day out .

jason18, Jan 6, 7:17am
You selling the ram!

jono450, Jan 6, 7:25am
yehive got a tipper truck towing everything now much cheeper to run 'thanks for your input i will be takeing the stx and a toyota and holden 4 a test drive tomorrow and mike my mind up after that vw is a bit outa my price range

mugenb20b, Jan 6, 7:29am
No, they are shit as well. Buy a Ranger / BT50.

jono450, Jan 6, 7:34am
whats the good points with these two

msigg, Jan 6, 7:35am
Well I like the look of the nissan, looks great should be a good wagon, like all the modern stuff a few problems and they all get tarred with the same brush, as for power, they have plenty, not supposed to be a race car, Nissan is still one of the best utes. Test drive them all then make your choice. Good luck.

mugenb20b, Jan 6, 7:42am
They are both the same vehicles, just wearing different badges and make up.

They are a reliable, good all round ute, good value for money and is not plagued with any problems. The latest ones use a 5 cylinder Volvo unit.

Toyota and Nissan are nice trucks, but both are overpriced and have issues of their own. Both have dreadful motors.

Another good ute is an Isuzu D Max, and Mitsi Triton if you are looking at good value for money.

fordcrzy, Jan 6, 8:18am
they are thirsty and have weak clutches. mate has one and a ranger for his boat buisness.the ranger has been faultless, the stx is on its fourth clutch and uses waaaaay more fuel than the ranger

tazcsv, Jan 6, 11:32pm
Have a look at a triton they have come along way and are great value for money, would own one over a stx any day.

jono450, Jan 7, 12:32am
ok just drove all of the above metioned utes and have purshased a new ford ranger cheers for the in put

fordcrzy, Jan 7, 4:25am
great choice!

franc123, Jan 7, 4:41am
Well done, I'm sure you will enjoy it.