Peugeot 404 1967

choc04, Jan 24, 11:26am
Reg and warrant
Sedan 1967
70.000 miles
Very tidy
What do you think it's worth

doctor_evil99, Jan 24, 12:44pm
awww.cool car - dad used to have one of those, one with rectangle instrument panel and drum brakes all round.He sold it and got a later one with round instrument panel, 3 round ones with tacho and front disc brake.Good luck

hatchback, Jan 24, 5:44pm
$600

gunna-1, Jan 25, 10:43am
You,ve got to be jokeing, its got to be worth at least a couple of grand.

budgel, Jan 26, 9:29am
Check it out thoroughly for rust, particularly around the floor of the boot.

Good economical long legged cars, I had several during the seventies and eighties.

cowlover, Jan 26, 11:36am
45 years old, nothing special to begin with, parts availabilty now probably nil.If you really want one I'd start at about $750 - $1000 and see how you go.

budgel, Jan 26, 10:01pm
They were a 1960's car built looking ahead to the seventies with aluminium head, and diff housing if I recall correctly, not like the similarly styled Austin/ Morrises that were built looking back at the fifties.
They could cruise at 80mph all day and had gear ratios perfectly matched to the characteristics of the engine. They were terrific on metal roads with rack and pinion steering and that long travel suspension and nice seats making for good handling and a comfortable ride. They excelled at the sort of motoring that we use SUVs for these days.(Not the off road stuff, but from farm to town and the open road.)

The disc brakes from the last of them are a straight bolt on conversion if yours has drums.

An under rated car here in NZ in their day in my opinion.

Still, they are an old car now.

supernova2, Jan 27, 8:46am
Probably built in Thames.IIRC has a worm drive diff and a wet liner engine.Designed by Farina hence the similarity to the BMC Cambridge/Oxcart.Yes the Pug was better than the BMC but IMHO like all euro stuff we on wrong side of world so no parts especially for old stuff.