Tyre query and replacement Hankook or Kumho

infinityjrc, Jan 27, 8:11am
Hi need to buy some 165/65/15 for my small toyota car that currently has two different tyre sizes front and back on the car I have discovered.
Currently has Bridgestone 165/65/15 on front and 185/60/15 on the back wheels.I have to replace the front tyres for WOF, back ones are ok, my question is at this time on a relatively old car would it be better to replace them all and make them the same or to just replace the front ones.Is there any problem with having different tyres front and back!

unbeatabull, Jan 27, 8:13am
There can be a problem if your car has ABS as the wheels will be reading different speeds and can throw off your ABS Sensors . but if it hasn't caused a problem already then your probably ok.

Ideally you'd have same size all round, or at least same rolling circumference all round, but it doesn't matter that much on the road.

I'd replace the front two to match the rear if it was my car. Between those two brands, I'd prefer Kumho. Simply because every Hankook tyre I've driven on has been pretty middle of the road, just better then the likes of the cheap chinese brands like Sunny, Triangle etc. Just my opinion though.

edangus, Jan 27, 8:19am
I wont be buying Hankook again - ever!

Go with the Kumho

infinityjrc, Jan 27, 7:21pm
Thanks unbeatabull and edangus for your comments I will go with the Kumho tyres and match the front to rear as suggested and get the wheels aligned and balanced.I havent seen tyres different front and back like that previously would definately check it out again when i next buy another car.