Timing Belt Kit - Bosch 8214

supernova2, Jan 24, 8:04am
Tried my usual supplier who is still laughing.

Any ideas who might have this kit - its for aRenault Scenic RX4 (build date 05/2001).At a pinch maybe just the belt which is BT1284.

Don't have to be a Bosch kit - its just that's the number I found quickly.

Can get it from UK but just thought I'd try local first.

thunderbolt, Jan 24, 8:07am
SN, which engine size!

Bosch 8214 or 1284!

supernova2, Jan 24, 8:18am
2.0 petrol a F4R and suffix should be 744, I think,but it appears that without stripping the engine out of the car there is no way of actually eyeballing the engine id tag.What a POS design!

Bosch cat shows belt as BT1284 and kit as 8214.I know it looks like a typo so just rechecked.

thunderbolt, Jan 24, 8:28am
You could try Repco or Appco for the Gates belt or kit.
SCENIC 2.0L 4 Cyl. (F4R) 2001-05 T/belt [128x27 C]T1284
Kit TCK1284
or BNT for Dayco 94872
or Partmaster for a QH kit.

supernova2, Jan 24, 8:37am
Thanks TB - gives me some more numbers to tryProblem appears to be that since there are only a handful of the things in the country nobody stocks bits which from an economic point makes sense.

sw20, Jan 24, 9:22am
Just buy it out of the UK yourself. You will probably get it faster and cheaper as well as it being genuine Renault parts.

I got a quote of nearly $120 from the local stealership for a new airfilter for my old Clio 172. For that price, I got a new genuine airfilter, new oil filter and a rear exhaust mount shipped from the UK in five days.

supernova2, Jan 24, 11:08am
+ about 20 million.

Clutch master cyl (plastic item) ex france (3 - 4 weeks) tru Renault NZ $800, ex uk (retail) landed on doorstep $120 (5 days).Got me stuffed why Renault NZ cant buy ex uk and retail at 100% markup.Would still be less than half of present price.Renault Australia prices pretty similar to NZ.Is it local coy making hugh profit or are they being shafted by the French and just passing it on.

Flow on effect is I'd love a RS Clio but wont buy one due to the insane pricing on parts

directorylist, Jan 24, 9:12pm
Yeah i'd second buying it from the UK, I was looking for oil filters for my ex-partners Peugeot 206, the cheapest i could find locally was about $50 from Repco, ended up buying 4 from a company in the UK for NZ$35 delivered in just over a week.

I'm all for supporting Kiwi businesses when i can but with that kind of price differential its hard to justify it financially.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 24, 10:24pm
Yes, price gouging on this sort of thing is ridiculous, Repco and the likes are trying it on as well with some surprisingly common items ($900 for a $150 MAF sensor for a Vectra).
They are just taking advantage of those who don't know better, no wonder people think Toyota's are cheaper to run. although I have seen similar gouging with non regular service Toyota parts too.

I too would happily pay a bit more to support local business (and do where I can), its not like I don't understand the economics, but when you are talking over 500% more for an item its plainly absurd.

xs1100, Jan 25, 8:28am
autostop leading supplier for bosch belts

xs1100, Jan 25, 8:29am
sorry correct name automotive supplies