Timing belt service 2013 Ford Territory SZ

chaz_nz, Jan 28, 6:04pm
Hi! Does anyone have a Ford Territory SZ 2013 and is able to check their service specifics for at what frequency the timing belt requires changing? I've googled all over the place and contacted a couple of Ford dealers and I get varying answers.

5yrs/160k kms
10yrs/150km.

Im looking at a 2013 and if it is 5 years and its not done. ouch!

Thanks in advance for any insights :)

franc123, Jan 28, 6:14pm
The belt is not going to fail the instant it turns 5 years old, or 10 years old either for that matter. How many kms has it done now?

3tomany, Jan 28, 6:26pm

chaz_nz, Jan 28, 6:26pm
so true :) Its done around 70k. Im more thinking in terms of purchasing an aftermarket warranty. If it hasn't been done at 5yrs (if that indeed is what the manufacturers lifespan is) it will need to be done before any policy is accepted. If its 10, then sweet! Just can't find anything conclusive, and even ford itself appears divided.

monaro17, Jan 28, 6:28pm
There are two belts. One for the cambelt and the other for high pressure fuel pump. I believe the requirements are at 175,000 and 240,000kms respectively or 10yrs. Whichever comes first. They are long intervals even by industry standards. So unless the kms are well up you will be fine for a couple more years anyway.

franc123, Jan 28, 6:32pm
I would not be concerned about it for a few more years yet.

kingfisher21, Jan 28, 11:10pm
Is it a diesel though? Or a petrol one?

absolute_detail, Jan 28, 11:13pm
Well the petrol engines are chain driven so it has to be a diesel.

Its the ford/peugeot lion v6 engine

franc123, Jan 29, 1:24am
Lol there was never any belt driven petrol engine ever fitted to a Falcon or Territory in the 56 years they were made.

kingfisher21, Jan 29, 12:16pm
Duh, I know that, but the amount of vehicle owners that just presume every engine has a timing belt is out there, just making sure the OP knows exactly what they have.

muppet_slayer, Sep 20, 10:42pm
They won't warranty the timing belt replacement, it's a normal wear and tear item, like brake pads or clutch plate linings etc.