Motorbike exhaust

skippy33, Feb 9, 10:09pm
looking at buying a old bike,seller has emailed me saying had someone take it for a long ride and didn't buy it because exhausts got very hot inside,i always thought they got very hot anyway,am i missing something,maybe someone could enlighten me has to why potential buyer turned it down because of this,bike is a 1986VF750

gunhand, Feb 9, 10:13pm
Most bikes ive owned and ridden seem to have the same problem but mostly on the headers and muffler. I don't have a temp probe to test the inside heat myself.
86 VF 750!Unless you love it you may be able to find better. Unless its really cheap. And thats a bit of an odd email anyway saying why someone didn't buy it.

meathead_timaru, Feb 9, 10:20pm
VF750F. nah, get a VFR750F.

noodleman4, Feb 10, 12:30am
16inch front ! Give that a miss , same with GSXs.

skippy33, Feb 10, 12:30am
maybe hes just honest and not wanting to rip anyone off,and its the cruiser style vf and yes do love them and its cheap,lol

waythe, Feb 10, 7:50am
I was working as a bike mechanic when the VF750s came out they had serious issues to say the least meathead is right the later vfr's or any vf's after 87 are pretty good the VFR800 is meant to be one of the best bikes ever built but it did take honda a while to get it right.

mantagsi, Feb 10, 9:52am
VF750! You don't mean one of those horrendous V4's that have a shocking rep for lynching themselves via severe overheating of the rear bank and chewing their own camshafts up! If it is what I think it is, run a mile unless you are a) as rich as Croesus and b) the bike has kms lower than your last birthday card. Run Forrest, run!

[EDIT] Uncle Google tells me that the later ones were OK, so yeah, I dunno :) good luck, hopefully I am completely wrong!