Mazda MPV Fan Control Module

blue_meanie, Feb 10, 5:18am
We have a 2002 MPV which I believe has an issue with it's Fan Control Module, as this was a known fault on these models in which Mazda did some sort of recall.
The fan on ours runs when the motor is cold before its even started (A/C is off) and yet when the motor is hot the fans will not start at all even when you turn the A/C on.
Has anyone had experience with this! is it easy to get a replacement module!

cpnnz, Feb 10, 8:23am
Could be the fan control module, or temp sensor. Might pay to get it diagnosed properly. I think the recall was in the US, I could not find any info on it for Japan or NZ when I looked into it recently for a 2002 model which had much the same issue as yours with fans on from cold sometimes. Mine did work as normal when hot though. It was a faulty control module.

blue_meanie, Feb 10, 8:36pm
Thanks for the reply, will definitely get it checked out to confirm, any idea on how much one of those costs if it is that!

cpnnz, Feb 10, 9:20pm
$150 used to about $300 new I think. I fitted a used one.

mm12345, Feb 10, 9:56pm
That would be about right.OEM part is US$75 on Ebay, and <$30 for a new aftermarket part.
If you double the US price, then double it again, you get a good approximation of NZ retail price.
I just bought an OEM part for my dishwasher.$NZ125.00 here, price in the UK was £5.95, all up including shipping about NZ$20.
It's not just car parts - jeesh we get fleeced here.