Rego on hold, cost of taking it off hold?

loose.change, Feb 10, 1:54am
my mums car has had the rego put on hold, we finally found the parts it needs but before mum decides if she wants to fix it she needs to now how much it is to put a reg back on it

splinter67, Feb 10, 2:00am
how long has it been on hold if less than 3 months it will need to be registered for that period

loose.change, Feb 10, 2:11am
longer than 3 months, I think it has been sitting almost a year
needed new engine mounts and the mechanic couldnt find any, so my husband and our mechanic trotted off and managed to find them quite easily

franc123, Feb 10, 2:19am
If its been longer than 3 months, go and get a new WOF if it has expired and then reLICENSE for however long you want to, there aren't any other costs if it has been on exemption for more than 3 months, assuming it was exempted for the full year.

superfreek, Feb 10, 4:14am
Slightly off topic - But is the 3 months always accurate!
I put my bike rego on hold on the 7/12/12 and then rego'd it on 5/2/13
I asked for the specific amount of days Rego paper and they did NOT charge me the back pay. Though I'm not complaining, of course.

nick91111, Feb 10, 9:34am
Same for me. Rego'd a couple months before the hold period was due, and got it from the date of the hold period end, not the date I got rego.

smac, Feb 11, 6:38am
If you put a vehicle on a 3 month exemption, the reminder notice is sent out to you about 1 month (or 6 weeks, or some period of time) before the expiry of the exemption. If you relicence the vehicle between the reminder being triggered, and the expiry of the exemption, the new licence will not back-date.

frytime, Feb 11, 7:16am
bikes and trailers are exempt from contunise licencing can be unreged for up 2 years before falling off sistem, well used to be any way

franc123, Feb 11, 8:15am
Really! Must try that one, its normally only about three weeks before exemption expires though usually you get the reminder!