Who makes Transmission linkage cables?

nzoomed, Feb 11, 12:08am
Im needing to replace the linkage cables for my transmission, one is a selector cable, the parking pawl and the kickdown cable.
Since the factory part is now unavailable, its not possible to buy new ones, but i know ive seen newer ones made that have a clear, blue outer sheath instead of the old plastic one that cracks.

ghost-roaster, Feb 11, 12:15am
Extreme auto parts in 2nd ave, across the road from Repco.
btw. what scale slot cars do you race.

nzoomed, Feb 11, 12:36am
Yes ive been told about them, they send them away to a place in Hamilton that does them, im trying to see if theres others in the country that can do them cheaper, as i was quoted nearly $600!

My slot car track is set up for 1/32 scale, ive never really bothered with 1/24 much.

woki, Feb 11, 12:39am
Try Holdaways in Wanganui . ( Might be cheaper and do a nice job )

bjmh, Feb 11, 12:57am
Apex in Hamilton

gilco2, Feb 11, 7:34am
i always used Apex brake and clutch in Hamilton. Went away say Monday morning and new one here Wednesday morning. Same with master cylinders and wheel cylinders. Excellent service always from them then

nzoomed, Feb 11, 8:41am
looks like both holdaways and apex can do it, extreme auto parts just send them to Apex to get rebuilt, so may as well deal with Apex directly.
If anyone knows others that can do it, let me know. TIA

ghost-roaster, Feb 11, 9:29am
We do race 1/32 now and then, but only the steel chassis type. If you ever make the move over the the 1/24th side we have 4 tracks we race on (wooden)

nzoomed, Feb 11, 9:59am
Were you involved in Errol's club at all!

ghost-roaster, Feb 11, 10:01am
not really. Only went a couple of times, but I do know Barry that use to race there.

nzoomed, Feb 11, 10:21am
I only went there once too, how big are your tracks! We have one that we hoist up in the garage roof away from the cars and lower is when we race, it was designed for 1/32 so we cant race anything larger.

gmphil, Feb 11, 11:37pm
Try hi tech mt eden auckland ,cable repairs for brake clutch may b do shifter 6231781

pebbles61, Feb 12, 5:07am
This for one of the 'crabs!

nzoomed, Feb 12, 9:03am
yes, your right, do you happen to have some!

pebbles61, Feb 12, 9:16am
I'm afraid not sorry, but the club might have some.

ghost-roaster, Feb 12, 9:23am
If you google Tauranga Slot Racing you will find us. I wouldn't mind coming around and checking out your track next time you have a race meeting, if that's ok. I take it you race Scalextric type cars.
thx Trevor.

nzoomed, Feb 12, 9:24am
I think there is some secondhand ones, ive asked Ray. I would like a new one if possible, the casing cracks on the old ones, and they leak terrible, ive seen a replaced one that had a clear blue coloured outer casing, it looked like some sort of PVC, it was nice and flexible, so did not crack.

pebbles61, Feb 13, 6:33am
Fair enough, I meant the LOCI, Tony might have some or know where to get some from (of course you'd need to ship from the UK etc, but it'd be worth it no doubt).