New tech for car theives

Page 3 / 3
pnh4, Mar 15, 6:29pm
Now go row ya boat!

pnh4, Mar 15, 7:30pm
Automatic garage doors are no different, their remotes codes can be intercepted from airwaves aswell, as stated before the technology is similar to a universal TV remote.

stevexc, Mar 15, 7:35pm
The motoring board doesn't need any new morons.Can I show you the door!

gadgit3, Mar 15, 7:40pm
Garage door openers are a one set code though not a rolling code system. If you buy the right garage door remote remove the back casing and drive through a subdivision flicking through the codes and you'll be garanteed to find a door open for ya.

stevexc, Mar 15, 7:41pm
Yes but this was corrected in car alarms in the mid 1990s, as many people here have mentioned.

Garage door keys aren't any better anyway.I had a versatile garage built and the key I got with it was able to open my internal garage door and my friend's garage door.

pnh4, Mar 15, 7:57pm
A car theif's favourite tool would be a Battery Drill, to turn the ignition.

pnh4, Mar 15, 8:08pm
A scooter/ bike theif its Bolt Cutters, Car/Van, Trailer etc.

pauldw, Mar 15, 8:34pm
That's only true for older doors. Newer doors do have rolling code. The Merlin M034 upgrade kit can make many older doors rolling code.

gadgit3, Mar 15, 9:26pm
Lol bout time they used rolling code. I used to have a heap of fun with the old door remotes.

kazbanz, Mar 16, 11:06pm
heck all that coulda woulda shoulda burried the best bit of advice in the thread--Don't leave ya stuff lying around where it can be seen.

bellky, Mar 16, 11:34pm
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!

I'VE NEVER SEEN A WORSE POST ON HERE.

YOU SUCK!

daryl14, Mar 16, 11:41pm
Calm down bellky mate, I'm sure he's already been suitably chastised for his outburst.

neville48, Mar 17, 6:25am
pnh4 wrote:

How'd an IRD investigation grab ya, big boy.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!

I'VE NEVER SEEN A WORSE POST ON HERE.

YOU SUCK!

Quotebellky (92 )12:34 pm, Sun 17 Mar #69
No he hasn't. Most of the posts were removed by the sherriff and the IRD clerk in disguise still survived.there ya go, hope he got the message .