Ute Questions

kaeloch, Mar 12, 10:43pm
Hi all
I am going to buy a later model second hand ute - 2007 or newer. I want 2WD (will never leave the road).
First question - having done some reading I understand the navaras can have timing chain issues - Is this something that would be covered by a mechanical warranty if I purchased one and also, if I act preventatively and get the chain changed every 100000km what is this likely to cost if anyone knows.
I know most are recommending BT50 or Ranger but even secondhand ones of these later model ones are going to be outside my price range unless I go up in mileage. Any words of wisdom for these - issues likely over 100,000km!
Also does anyone know if it is possible to get a sliding canopy window (side) replaced with a gull-wing type!
And Lastly what are tints lijkely to cost for ute and canopy as a ballpark.
TIA

bjmh, Mar 12, 10:55pm
service history is essential for any vehicle,modern utes etc love clean oil /filters/ clean fuel ,nothing wrong with Navaras.All Modern utes are glass slippers,real easy to break.try and select a lower mileage one.

poppajn, Mar 12, 11:09pm
Great Wall.
3 of our Narvara,s have done clutch,s and 1 done the gearbox. They do 300,000 k a season (9 month,s),still way better than the Couiers we tryed.

grangies, Mar 12, 11:14pm
The majority of ute canopies come with tinted glass.

hpaul, Mar 12, 11:54pm
Tints will cost approx $400.

What's your ute budget kaeloch!

kaeloch, Mar 13, 1:41am
Looking low $30ks max - thanks for that

the_chooky, Mar 13, 5:05am
Navara's have timing chain issues at about 400,000 kms.
Jeese, get a ute that has a cambelt.

mugenb20b, Mar 13, 5:17am
Yeah, whatever.

austingtir, Mar 13, 6:24am
Yeah but alot of those newish navaras (d40's) have the dual mass flywheels which cause problems with clutches.If you keep it simple with the d22's very little goes wrong with them they are just slugs.

Thing is most models of new ute probably have the same or other problems and i bet when their issues arrise its more expensive than navara or hilux ones.

austingtir, Mar 13, 6:28am
It makes me laugh when people bag newish navaras and hilux's for being unreliable.I work in forresty industry and the company i work for alone probably has 7 hiluxs and the big heavy transport outfit i used to work for probably had 20+ hilux if they are such unreliable pos trust me these guys would not run them.

austingtir, Mar 13, 6:34am
On the BT50 and Ranger if i was going to consider them i would like to KNOW the price of a replacement injection pump, clutch, turbo and general things like oil fiter.

From there you can work out if they are worth it if somethings fails.Its easy to find pricing on this stuff for navara and hilux. the rest takes a bit more searching.

peril787b1, Mar 13, 6:45am
Might pay to check out the issues that some Navara's have at 100,000kms. A mates popped at 104.Do a google search for D40 cam chain failure, there's been quite a few

robnob78, Mar 13, 6:46am
A hilux, no as they have countless problems with water leaks injector problems in the older ones. sure allot of it is fuel problems and servicing but who knows what the old service history is really like!

Ranger/Bt50s are cheaper to service then navaras. and navaras love clutches/brakes.

the_chooky, Mar 13, 7:11am
Our outfit runs a fleet of Navaras1 ute 1 driver.Some are over 300thou K's.They are serviced by our own crew. We have never had an engine problem with any of them. But if your talking about company utes that anyone drives and doesnt give a rats arse then what do you expect.

bjmh, Mar 13, 7:45pm
good reply , i have owned 3 KN26 hilux"s from 05 to now.have had a good run from all of them,i service heaps of navaras and they are good as well.

kaeloch, Mar 13, 8:34pm
Thanks all for the input. No-one has mentioned the Colorados!
Comments!

bjmh, Mar 13, 9:04pm
colorados or holden rodeos , i service a few.good value for money,probably have the biggest cab in the older utes,good/honest/reliable /economicalrattly diesel.I personally can't stand the engine noise.sounds like an old perkins diesel.whatever yanks your crank.

guest, Sep 26, 6:25am
What's it take to become a sublime exdpunoer of prose like yourself?

guest, Sep 28, 10:25am
I first heard of 16B when I picked up the Black Hole' twevle inch in my local dance music shop. Black Hole' was a stunning, vibrant piece of deep house music that veered between the darkest Tenaglia-esque' tribal sound and a cuban style Cricco Castilli' production. I found that Black Hole' was not necessarily a club' record but a composition best appreciated in the comfort of your living room after a night out on the town, subsequently I purchased Sounds from another room' on CD.Dance music has seemingly been fractured by the constant categorization by the media whose failure to describe new sounds and artists originally causes them to pigeon hole music into set genres like Salsa-House', Tek-House', Jazz-Step' and the more recently hyped Speed Garage'. In my opinion, SFAR' is best described as an eminently produced, emotional, House' music album.The composition is based around the usual 4/4, 120bpm house formulae but it is as multifacted as any production that you're likley to hear from the likes of Deep Dish, Danny Tenaglia, Peace Division and David Holmes. Though SFAR' is packed with powerful synth leads and warm instrumentation, the album has an affecting deepness similar to that of Vengelis's Bladerunner' soundtrack or DJ Shadow's Endtroducing' album.With the prominence of super-club culture, Julesy, Tongy & Healy, albums like SFAR' will remain on the fringes of dance music, rated but understated, acclaimed, however undersold. This album is not groundbreaking in its conception or construction; however, it is a breath of fresh air within a stagnated and polluted scene.I would highly recommend this album to anyone who likes their house music, chilled, deep, sexy and thoughtfull.

guest, Sep 28, 4:07pm
Sef1or Sandoval, como siempre hnadecio cosas dignas de alabanza. Sus trazos cada vez me1s definidos, sus historias cada vez me1s amarradas, al menos en este caso, con muchas reminicencias a lo caracteredstico de su trabajo, me recordaron a un huapango de corte un tanto gf3tico, llamado La Sirena. Si tus historietas tuvieran mfasica, seguro las hareda un grupo de huapangueros tocando rolas compuestas por Danny Elfman.Saludos Tony.