BA Falcon XR8 locks itself at home only

jubre, Mar 3, 9:59pm
This 2003 falcon ute has lived at the same address for 3 years. It is housed in the basement with 3 other cars. (2 having central locking). The BA ute has just starting locking itself while either in the garage or in the driveway, 5 minutes after the key is removed. The other night it started locking and unlocking itself and the alarm started going in the basement, the battery terminal had to be removed.When it is away from home it does not do it at all, It is only at its home.We have thought about the garage door remote control, but it has not been changed and is the same one that they have always had, and the other cars do not do it.
We have checked all the wiring plugs and there is no corrosion on them.
Does anyone have any clues on this problem for us please.!

ntalke, Mar 3, 10:07pm
Had a problem very similar on a BF the standard alarm would go of randomly this was cured by replacing the CR2032 button cell in the remote

If the offending remote is left with a semi flat battery say inside but still within range of the car it will still activate the alarm,not bad at 4.00 in the morning so remove the button cell and replace

jubre, Mar 4, 2:11am
Thankyou ntalke. WIll look into that.

elect70, Mar 4, 2:39am
The flux capacitor is charging upwhen parked near the other cars& discharging,locking the doors . Needs separatefoil lined garage

lookoutas, Mar 4, 4:23am
Got a notice just the other day about this.
People buy a car and leave the spare remote in a drawer - the battery in the spare remote leaks and shorts out or whatever, causing it to activate the car security. Of course, it will only happen when the car is within range of the spare keys.- just as OP outlined.

The notice was specifically aimed at Falcon's, but could happen to any brand of car.

hatchback, Mar 5, 4:15am
You are such a liar

woody1946, Mar 5, 5:48am
A car is a predecessor of a second car if a third car is a predecessor of the second car and the first-mentioned car is a predecessor of the third car (including a case where the first-mentioned car is a predecessor of the third car by another application or applications of this paragraph

A wheel or disk mounted to spin rapidly about an axis and also free to rotate about one or both of two axes perpendicular to each other and the axis of spin so that a rotation of one of the two mutually perpendicular axes results from application of torque to the other when the wheel is spinning and so that the entire apparatus offers considerable opposition depending on the angular momentum to any torque that would change the direction of the axis of spin

Theres your answer rgiht there

lookoutas, Mar 5, 5:51am
Must have been one hell of a smoke!

elect70, Mar 6, 1:44am
Sounds like desciption of a gyro.

bigfatmat1, Mar 6, 4:28am
Sounds like the usual ford central lock motor has shit itself

bigfatmat1, Mar 6, 4:28am
common fault

jubre, Mar 11, 1:21am
Just wanted to get back to you and let you know that #2 and #5 were correct. We took the spare vehicle remote away from the house and the problem was solved. Thank you.

jmma, Mar 11, 1:41am
Choccy fish for them two then(o:

lookoutas, Mar 11, 4:53am
Do you watch me when I sneak into the Snack-Bar!

Hey OP - did you open the remote to see what was going down in there!
Can they be opened!

ntalke, Mar 11, 8:06am
Thought it sounded similar,not a bad fix for $3.79 for a EnergizerButton cell

The base has a slot for a coin or flat bladed screw driver,just give it a twist and it opens up and exchange the battery

v8_mopar, Mar 11, 11:50am
I had some weird shyte happening with my ba locks as well. Would tell me doors were open and they were not, sometimes would not lock but come back to the car and its locked, boot would not open, would randomly lock and unlock all the locks over and over. I did a reset on all the remotes and had no probs since.