BF WAGON Door ajar light

jason18, Mar 8, 3:55am
Got my 06 BF wagon today and one small problem., the door ajar light will not go out. all doors and tailgate are secure. The chime sounds quite often and always when right blinker is activated. The interior light also flashes in conjunction with the chime. Any ideas where to look first! There is no visable door switches

unbeatabull, Mar 8, 5:04am
The door switches I am pretty sure are part of the lock actuator assembly. It would be easy to find which door is the problem with our Computer as we can bring up a live view of which sensor/door is "open"

jason18, Mar 8, 5:59am
Oh k so Best to bring it into ford and get it put on the computer!

unbeatabull, Mar 8, 7:42am
It'd be the easiest way. Unless you want to pull off each door card and the boot trim and try one by one to find the faulty one!

jason18, Mar 8, 8:03am
Ok sweet as. Is this a pretty common problem! Its done 250kms so getting old. Cheers Mate,

unbeatabull, Mar 8, 8:10am
No, we haven't had one in a long time. It's usually the motor or gears that crap out in the doors.

jason18, Mar 8, 8:16am
Ok hopefully it is the sensor. I noticed when I took the door trim off the drivers side and checked the plug it had green corrosion in it like water had been in there

jason18, Mar 8, 8:17am
Only on one of the prongs in the plug

unbeatabull, Mar 8, 8:31am
Could do with a clean up and spray some contact clean onto the pins.

jason18, Mar 8, 8:32am
Ok will take it to ford tomorrow see what scanner says and then see if I can clean em up

jason18, Mar 8, 8:34am
Hopefully not the BCM or BEM. Have been told this is expensive to replace

unbeatabull, Mar 8, 8:40am
Let me know if it is. I'm sure I could find a S/H one lying around somewhere a bit cheaper for ya :)

jason18, Mar 8, 8:42am
Awesome Mate! I need to grab your email.

jason18, Mar 8, 8:43am
Wish I could just smash the little led light and find that bloody ding and kill that too haha

unbeatabull, Mar 8, 8:50am
Yup they can get like that when they dont work as intended! Last time I put my email on here I got a not very nice email from TradeMe.

jason18, Mar 8, 8:55am
Yeah na dont put on here we will get narked on lol

desmodave, Mar 8, 9:02am
2x Export Gold Beanies come on Jason winters getting closer by the day

jason18, Mar 8, 9:03am
Way ahead of ya mate!

desmodave, Mar 8, 9:03am
John just may be asleep

jason18, Mar 8, 11:30pm
He will be lurking :D

bigfatmat1, Mar 9, 12:14am
the suffer from moisture in the plugs causing this problem. normally rear right and in the pillar

jason18, Mar 9, 12:23am
Cheers guys. Figured out it was the Boot. Must be fiull of crap or something. Cleaned it up and its fixed!