2001 Toyota Altezza

bjmh, Feb 25, 11:01pm
i have a customers car here,which she cooked the engine.its toast,are these cars still worth trying to sell on TM as it is.or is it scrap.The cost to replace the engine etc is high and i can't see the point.

gadgit3, Feb 26, 12:12am
Really! no point in throwing a S/H engine at it! is the car really that bad. A S/H engine will set ya back $1000-1500 and throw some labour and new fluids + cambelt/water pump I can't see the job being too much over 3k and the 01 Altezza is still fetching good money.

edangus, Feb 26, 12:52am
What they ^^^^^ said.

phillip.weston, Feb 26, 12:56am
What engine! The 2.0 4cyl BEAMS 6spd manual would be the most expensive to find, while the 2.0 6cyl the cheapest.

rednsr, Feb 26, 3:55am
Fire

curlcrown, Feb 26, 4:00am
What is the cost to replace the engine. These cars still fetch huge money for their year.

andrewph, Feb 26, 6:33am
Check out the prices here on t.me and that will give you an idea of what theyre worth. :o)

bjmh, Feb 26, 10:10pm
just 2.0l beams 4 cyl,yer the quote got up around $3400 plus ,not including clutch,i wasn't sure about worth of these cars,thanks for all your input.i'll check tm

sw20, Feb 26, 10:48pm
Cheapest 4 cyl manual on TM is $8k. You aren't going to get $4500 for the shell and stuffed motor. So it is worth it to replace the motor, there is a replacement motor on here for $1150.

phillip.weston, Feb 27, 12:36am
Make sure you find an engine from another 6 speed manual car as the manuals have dual VVTi with different profile camshafts over the automatics single VVTi - there is about a 10-20hp difference between the two. The cylinder heads are different enough that you can't just swap the manual bits onto the auto engine.