2012 Madza 3 Hatch Back

dingo011, Feb 25, 2:09am
My parents ( in their 70s ) are looking at buying one with 24k km's. Still has 24 months of the factory warrenty left to run. Anyone have any experience of them i.e. good and bad!

jason18, Feb 25, 2:09am
Good little cars !

msigg, Feb 25, 2:24am
Great small car.

andy61, Feb 25, 3:40am
Great cars,my mother has 1,got it from Japan with 1800kms(I think its up to about 17500kms now) about 3.5 years ago, she loves it,never given any problems,just a totally reliable economical car.

darryl, Feb 25, 3:43am
Good build quality, good features, good motors - I loved mine. (sedan)
Make sure you get the balance of the free servicing too

ringo2, Feb 25, 3:50am
An excellent car BUT 24000 km in 12 months! What has it been used for!

tuttyclan, Feb 25, 4:12am
Sounds like a good milage to buy a near new car.24000 km in a year means its probably been run hot and done some long trips(maybe ex company/lease).Looking at the ones on here there is about 5 to 7 k cheaper differance than buying one with next to no km on it.

westwyn, Feb 25, 5:17am
It will be an ex-rental. There are quite a lot of these that have recently sold, or are coming up for sale, from a major rental fleet. Brilliant mid-sized hatchbacks and no, the fact it's been a rental shouldn't deter you from buying. Rental fleets account for a significant portion of our new-car sales in NZ, if it wasn't for them, we'd have an even more chronic shortage of late-model used cars than we do now. For both distributor and rental fleet, residual sales are a significant part of their business models.

Just be aware the current model is on run-out, there will be an adjustment down of values later this year as the new model Axela / Mazda 3 is introduced here.

Good choice!

jaybee38, Feb 25, 7:36am
Great cars. My father (in his 70s) bought one about 6 months ago. If they are getting a manual, its a 6-speed so it may take a bit of getting used to reverse being in the 'wrong' place if they are used to a 5 speed.