1953 Fordson Major Tractor

grandmasue1, Feb 21, 2:11am
My husband is currently restoring one of these and is wondering if any one out there is doing the same. His is a petrol model.

i honestly don't understand why people want to do this!

woody1946, Feb 21, 2:18am
A man needs a shed away from nagging wives, thats all i'll say

chevcamaro, Feb 21, 2:35am
yes get back in the kitchen women, unless you're passing the spanners

jmma, Feb 21, 2:42am
Milk and 2 sugars please (o:

woody1946, Feb 21, 2:44am

grandmasue1, Feb 21, 3:24am
That is very nice and shiny

sandypheet, Feb 21, 4:56am
My father had one when we were on the farm at Ruatoria,had a pto winch on the side.

daryl14, Feb 21, 5:10am
If a man canny do a bit o spannerin in retirement as his fancy takes him, he may as well turn up his toes I reckon. Just be grateful he's not into motorcycle racing woman. he he.

grandmasue1, Feb 21, 5:30am
In his case, more likely to be mobility scooter racing .

skin1235, Feb 21, 6:42am
I may well have his next project sitting in a paddock, will take the camera next week and will post a few shots
I promise he will like what he see's, and yes its a fordson major, but earlier than yours

grandmasue1, Feb 21, 7:49am
He will look forward too that.

mokaubach, Feb 21, 8:24am
Its a man thing, build a bridge and get over it. He owns a tractor because: it doesn't answer back, he can ride it any time he likes, it won't whinge, it doesn't break down one week a month, if it makes too much noise, he can muffle it, his tractor doesn't care how many other tractors he has ridden, he doesn't have to have a shower before he rides his tractor, and his tractor won't wine unless there is something really wrong.

strobo, Feb 21, 11:40am
Restored 2Fordson diesel enginessome time ago .I know there is a Major,Super Major and a Dexter.Good metal and all partspiston liner kits were available .Mostparts Igot through KD Vallance near Rangiora.Had a catologue of parts even the seat was listed!

snoopy221, Feb 21, 4:49pm
his tractor doesn't care how many other tractors he has ridden, he doesn't have to have a shower before he rides his tractor, and his tractor won't wine unless there is something really wrong.