7 Series BMW

comfreak91, Mar 17, 11:45am
Hi Everyone.
Curious to know what the general feedback is on BMW 7 Series between 2002-2004 please! I hear these are relatively economical cars but badly plagued by computer and engine and transmission problems. Does anyone have any experiences! Thank you very much :)

edangus, Mar 17, 12:32pm
If you mean the idrive issues, I believe software updates rectified the issue.

budgel, Mar 17, 8:22pm
Check out this forum,it will show you what owners are dealing with:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php!273-2002-2008-(E65-E66)

peja, Mar 17, 11:45pm
Going by the experience of an owner of one I saw in town just now broken down in the middle of the Victoria St intersection with Queen St. not good, not good at all. He was stuck there with the bonnet up at the beginning of my lunch break, offered him a push, apparently thing was locked into park and totally immobilised. Was still there an hour later with the AA trying to get it out of park still.

This was a very late model one with the funny looking back and the little fin thing on the roof at the back, not more than a year or two old. I suspect it'll be going back to the dealer in short order.

vtecnet, Mar 18, 4:44am
The E39 5 Series is a better option, especially the last of them before the E60 shape, these seem to be more reliable, but still offer a comfortable drive etc.

zak1998, Mar 18, 4:44am
How big is your wallet

edangus, Mar 18, 5:40am
Yep - E39 and E38 are the best! Although the F01/F02 seems to be doing well so far.
I do like the iDrive system though, it is really simple to use and you can just jump in and get on with it.

hatchback, Mar 19, 3:11am
V8 it.nothing more to say really

bmwnz, Mar 19, 3:15am
Why would anyone want to cripple a V12 by reducing its power by half!