Fg turbo

210sback, Mar 28, 5:32am
Anyone put a cold air intake on a xr6 turbo or g6e turbo!worthy mod!

a.woodrow, Mar 28, 6:17am

ntalke, Mar 28, 7:54am

unbeatabull, Mar 28, 11:36pm
We've put a few on (Herrod, Big Mouth/Growler etc). Just makes a nicer sound. The stock air intake is very good from factory. And don't bother wasting money on a bigger TB unless you plan on increasing boost/fuel as well.

210sback, Mar 30, 5:34am
having installed some what brand would you recommend for quality and flow!cheers.

unbeatabull, Mar 30, 6:47am
Both the Growler and Herrod kits are of good quality and pretty easy to install and look the part.

As far as flow goes, you will gain very little difference in performance if anything. They both make the noisy induction noise though that most people want from these kind of kits.

I'd go with the Herrod myself as they have a better quality air filter with the kit, the Growler/Big Mouth Kit doesn't come with a branded filter (Doesn't mean its rubbish, I just trust to have a branded/reputable filter when I shill out money on something like that!)

210sback, Mar 30, 8:01am
thanks for your advice there mate.i might just through a k&n panel filter in it.

chook90, Mar 30, 10:12pm
Unless done with other modifications there is really very little performance advantage gained. You will get greater induction noise if that's what you are chasing but that's about it.
Personally I'd be going with a k&n panel unless I was doing a bunch of other stuff to extract more power from it.