Mustang vs Camaro

Page 2 / 2
budgel, Dec 4, 9:05pm
There is an HQ Holden with a Porsche V8, it goes rather well!

mals69, Dec 4, 9:21pm
Hardcase - heard years ago $10,000 on average when those 928 motors go bang -prob 20k these days

gram, Dec 4, 10:02pm
Yeah they wouldn't be cheap to fix. Poor maintenance would be the culprit but they wouldn't generally be owned by dudes with a Toyota attitude to oil changes.

tgray, Dec 5, 3:28am
Last weekend I saw my first new generation 2015 Mustang in Auckland.
Had a good look around it and a chat to the couple who had just purchased it. They were over the moon.
I must admit, I was a little underwhelmed and the experience didn't make me what to own one. Perhaps I need to drive it before passing judgement.

3tomany, Dec 5, 5:29am
Did you get their number! when you get your camaro you could have arranged a back to back comparison. Be a first for MB.

tgray, Dec 5, 6:42am
I am confident the all new 2016 Camaro will eat it for lunch, if the reviews are anything to go by.

tub4, Dec 5, 6:16pm
As an all round everyday driver I take the Mustang, better handling, smother ride and to me a much better looking car.
Tgray you stick with your Camaro because theres no way you'll be able to see theres a better Ford and thats fine, we're different

3tomany, Dec 5, 6:58pm
yip the reviews are good but they are all written by yanks so still got to edit the bullshit lol

tgray, Dec 5, 8:40pm
I presume you haven't driven either!
OK, I have only had the current 2010 - 2012 Camaro's (7 of them).
If you go by the reviews of the standard V8 models, you would see the 'all new' generation 2016 model is considered the better car.

anenigma, Dec 5, 8:57pm
before watching that I would have said I wanted the Camaro - all the way

Am now a convert lol

tub4, Dec 5, 9:32pm
Not the new Mustang but the late model Camaro yes and yes it was a nice car but I didn't say to myself this is the car for me.
I have owned both Chevs and Fords, I'm not into the Ford v GM pissing thing, if I like a car thats what I want.
The majority or reports rate the the Mustang over the present Camaro and the one I seen I thought was stunning.
As I said we're all different so like different things but some can't see others could also be right with their likes

glang, Dec 5, 9:36pm
Can't have been the Mustang Shelby GT350R you saw if you were underwhelmed. After watching the youtube clip, wow what a machine - is the Shelby available new from NZ Ford!, can't see it on their website, just the basic Mustang models are listed.

tgray, Dec 5, 9:46pm
I respect we all have different tastes and if other people like USA V8 muscle cars, that just great by me!
Yes I concede, the 2015 Mustang is probably the better car, when comparing it to the outgoing generation Camaro (2010 - 2015) but you would expect that with an all new car. Ford would have been studying it for 6 years and making sure the new Mustang is better!
As I said earlier, the all new generation 2016 Camaro just released, seems to be the better car, if early previews are anything to go by.

tub4, Dec 5, 10:00pm
And that is what tread is about if the opening video is anything to go by

butterfly05, Dec 6, 12:51am
Id rather have a C63 amg after its depreciated for a year or two than either of these.They arent even making these top spec camaros and fords in right hand drive so as far as im concerned they can shove the things and keep them in america.

I fail to see why anybody would hand over good coin for one of these over what else is available considering they aint right hook!

tgray, Dec 6, 12:53am
That's half of the appeal.

butterfly05, Dec 6, 12:56am
I guess I must like to be able to see any obstacles im overtaking before I attempt it.

Sorry but something like a lancia delta integrale evo2 or e30 m3 or something with actual race heritage and a genuine reason for being left hook (rather than thats all you get) just makes more sense to me.

budgel, Dec 6, 1:34am
I understand where you are coming from.I like Euros and the sound of that Mustang rings that particular bell for me even though the old school enthusiasts
( Using the term purists would be totally inappropriate ;-)prefer the unsophisticated rumble of the Chevrolet.
Each to their own.

mals69, Dec 6, 2:16am
Yeah if only mustang and camaro had some race heritage :)
Mustang only 300cc more than a 308 boat anchor - sweet car latest
mustang but does not fit muscle car ethos - Big Cubes period !

tgray, Dec 6, 2:26am
Have you checked the horsepower of the latest USA 'muscle cars!'
The Dodge Challenger Hellcat has more HP than a lamborghini Aventador!

mals69, Dec 6, 4:14am
Yeah seen it on j leno's garage on youtube - its a beast !
See already in NZ for sale.
More torque the better, LS3 supercharged 1000nm impressive

vtecintegra, Dec 6, 4:26am
Don't even know why they're allowed on the road here TBH

mals69, Dec 6, 4:33am
Reminds john key of his other home .

On open road ya just pull left so you just about on the grass and look on an angle past car in front then pull out with all that mighty torque and overtake.
When was the last time you heard of a fatality, accident involving a left hook !
Mainly tourists on the wrong side of the road in a righthand drive car killing New Zealanders.