MVDT Result on Ford Focus

Page 2 / 2
mad_signtist, Dec 18, 6:30am
Next we will all be in trouble with worksafe for not having our employees wash their hands after a sh*t. I don't see worksafe having a problem for companies not having a 5 star vehicle. They still make Mitsi l300 vans for god sakes! I see huge businesses that run these sh*thole vans.

a.woodrow, Dec 18, 7:05am
They've stopped making the L300's. finally.

mad_signtist, Dec 18, 9:01am
Thank god for that haha

elect70, Dec 19, 12:43am
Coroners got their head up their fundamental orifice , it just looks good in print & they pat themselves on the back beliving they are doing a service to public . In most cases extra stars are awarded for more air bags , like 8 instead of 4

vtecintegra, Dec 19, 12:47am
That isn't at all true - indeed number of airbags is pretty much irrelevant of commercial vehicles because they automatically score full points for side impact anyway

muzz67, Dec 19, 2:54am
How come?

vtecintegra, Dec 19, 3:03am
This is what ANCAP says

kazbanz, Dec 19, 3:31am
When has a landcruiser been considered to be a normal commercial vehicle?

vtecintegra, Dec 19, 3:35am
Landcruiser

Anyway it's just an example - go and look up a Hiace or Hilux or Suzuki APV or whatever and it'll say the same thing

meoldchina, Dec 19, 7:19am
I think my thread has been hijacked!
Just to let you know, I still haven't heard a word from MS Ford. The dealer principal saw me going into a Mitsubishi dealership today. That should have given him a reminder that he owes me $37,000, but I suspect I will have to take him to court for the money. Meanwhile, the car keeps faulting.

a.woodrow, Dec 19, 7:27am
You still have the car? Park it outside the dealership with signs in the windows explaining your plight and the decision against the dealer. Might encourage them to hurry up and pay

muzz67, Dec 19, 7:45am
Perhaps if you took the car back to them they may actually do something?
We took a ford Tragic to MS, which needed DMf, clutch ,pressure plate and hydraulic pump replaced. Work was done well, but it soon began to have break-downs and was being towed more than driven.
MS spent ages on it, removed and replaced heaps of parts,
but to their credit ,finally isolated a faulty valve in the hydraulic pump.
They lost about 50 hours on it, but never asked us for any more money.
So while we had a terrible time during all the tow truck and workshop surgeries, the outcome was good.

elect70, Dec 19, 7:52am
Sounds good idea but probably get into trouble . Remember old days when garages used to put bounced cheques in the window , until someone took 1 to court over it & the practice was stopped .

kenw1, Dec 20, 9:04am
Rock up with the local rag reporter following you in.

meoldchina, Dec 20, 9:09am
I thought of doing just that, Ken, but the garage is one of the newspaper's biggest advertisers so I doubt if they would cover the story.

2get1, Dec 20, 12:18pm
They're hardly going to refund you the money if you are still driving the thing, it's like would you pay for a car without having possession of it ?

Why waste time with the bit about the manager saw you at the mitsi dealer but chose to ignore you.

Don't be a passenger in this event, drive it. You have won a tribunal case. Monday morning go to the dealership, speak to the dealer principle, hand him the keys and tell him the car is theirs and you aren't leaving till they write you out your cheque. Don't give the, reasons to not pay you. By still having and using the car you are doing exactly that.

Tell the dealer that you will be hiring a car at their expense to use until they refund your price and that if need be you will take them back to the tribunal over the cost of said rental car.

Be proactive and take the fight to them, not a message board.

meoldchina, Dec 20, 6:50pm
The terms of the Tribunal ruling are that the dealer has 10 working days to refund the purchase price. Immediately upon receipt of this money I must return the car. That seems perfectly clear, straightforward and fair to me.
Why would I hire a car when the faulty car that I own is still driveable - admittedly not always reliably.
It is possible that the Ford dealer wants to appeal the tribunal ruling, in which case I will need a car for a longer period.
I know from my past dealings with this dealer principal that he hides behind Ford NZ for his excuses and that any attempt I make to chase him for the money will eventually be met with a negative response but only after a couple of weeks of ignoring my request.
I have been mentioning my experience on this MB because I think it may interest others who are considering the MVDT process and also to make others aware of the appalling attitude of Ford and this Ford dealership to their customers.

rpvr, Dec 20, 7:09pm
Interesting. I wonder which days are classed as "working days" over the Christmas break? I would be making sure before they all leave for their holidays, on which day you can return the car and get your refund. No excuses accepted about the manager being on leave or any such like. They have messed you around for two and a half years - make sure their Christmas is a miserable one. It's no more than they deserve. That's what I would do, but then I can be a vindictive bastard.

2get1, Dec 20, 7:17pm
so when does the 10 working days expire ?

I thought in your orginal post here, that you said they had to pay you immediately,

2get1, Dec 20, 7:27pm
my version of being vindictive would involve a tube or 2 of coarse valve grind paste being added to the engine oil. Enough to ensure its driveable for a short period of time before it suddenly wears out ensuring the heap of shit cant be sold to anyone else lol but then Im very vindictive lol

meoldchina, Dec 20, 7:57pm
Yes, you are right. The Tribunal ruling says the money should be refunded "immediately" and it also says "within ten working days".
By my reckoning which takes in the statutory holidays, this would be 31 December.

2get1, Dec 20, 8:09pm
well make sure you are at the stealership bright and early waiting for them to fling open the doors with loving arms and take the fight to them.

supernova2, Dec 20, 9:14pm
From the District Court Rules:

working day means any day of the week other than??

elect70, May 21, 6:24pm
If they wont pay up send a full report & court findings to head honcho Ford HO in Australia as Ford Nz probably come under their control . dealer may get a rap on the knuckles or lose his dealership .