Nissan Serena?

sr2, Jul 14, 8:45am
Hi guys (Kaz in particular). Looking at buying a mid 2000's Nissan Serena auto for a relative who needs hand controls, seating for four and a chair lift in the back that will handle a 135 kg electric wheelchair.
So far the Nissan Serena is ticking the most boxes. What's the opinion on them out there? Thanks for the replies.

tamarillo, Jul 14, 8:26pm
Slowest nastiest thing on our roads.

tgray, Jul 14, 9:08pm
You have to compare apples with apples, so to speak. Yes, with the 2 L Primera engine pulling around all that extra weight, it may appear a little sluggish to other cars, but not to other vans.
Want more power? Go for the later models that had the bigger engines.
I am driving one around at the moment (2000 model) and think it is fine for what it is. A van.

petermcg, Jul 16, 5:40am
SR20DE motor not a bad engine keep up the maintenence, dont worry about 0-60 times.

brapbrap8, Jul 16, 7:54am
Or just add the T to it if you are worried about the 0-60 times.
There is an excellent video on Youtube of an SR20DET Serena drifting, it is NZ too I'm pretty sure.

sr2, Jan 31, 5:39pm
Thanks guys, I'm happy to supply and fit the hand controls myself but needing a lift that will handle the weight of an electric chair has limited our options (within our budget) to a vehicle that already has a lift fitted.

Re: brapbrap8. We ran a GTIR Targa car in the late 90's, I know all about pulling big HP out of SR20DET's. (And blowing the odd engine as well).
Those little pocket rockets were sure quick in their day!