Goodride tyres

Page 1 / 2
tatts2, Dec 6, 10:51pm
Has anyone got them on their car & are they any good

franc123, Dec 6, 11:02pm
Used them for many years on my old ute, pretty good value for money and behave acceptably on the road. Good wear rate and quiet too, I'd certainly repurchase when the time comes.

intrade, Dec 6, 11:04pm
traction in the wet is where you have poor tyre show its quality. how was it in the wet franc123 spinning out the back or gripping ?

franc123, Dec 6, 11:08pm
Never had an issue with that, the vehicle in question has done a substantial amount of towing in that time, and when unladen is not that heavy in the rear either.

elect70, Dec 6, 11:09pm
Surprised they are permitted to use that name almost same as BF Goodridge

franc123, Dec 7, 12:17am
Goodridge? Its GoodRICH. If you get Goodride and BF Goodrich mixed up, well, maybe On and Off confuses too because they both start with an O.

intrade, Dec 7, 12:30am
another good brand are jinyu

200sx, Dec 7, 12:53am
For an extra $100 to $150 per set of four tyres, I'd stick with a credible established brand - Dunlop, Firestone, Goodyear, Toyo, hell I'd even get Supercats over any of the Chinese brands. They seem to be 20 years behind when it comes to grip, wet or dry. And road noise! Fark! That's where they really lag behind. There will always be a market for the cheapest possible crap tyres (i.e. someone on a budget for which their only priority is price, or a dealer trying to flog off a trade), but seriously - why go budget on your tyres unless you are driving an absolute shitbox, and/or tyre quality and safety doesn't matter to you. Your tyres are ultimately what keep you on the road, regardless of what you drive.

ambo11, Dec 7, 12:54am
Had Goodrides on 2 of our cars, they were quiet and drove well, would certainly buy them again. Have Jinyu 18s on the Odyssey and they seem okay. Had LingLongs prior to this, were good for the first 20,000km but then became VERY harsh and noisy, and lumpy. Wouldn't fit LingLongs on the wheelbarrow now.

ridiculousness, Dec 7, 1:06am
Had a full set on the car once. They performed like any other good reputable tyre. I recommend them.

franc123, Dec 7, 1:20am
So you've had zero experience with Goodrides then lol. I don't think one of the biggest tyre importers in NZ would be be bringing them in if they were dangerous or not suitable for local conditions somehow, besides if they were as bad as the ACTS (Anti Chinese Tyre Snob) party who regularly make fools of themselves in here say they are NZTA would ban them. One other thing ACTS is too ignorant to realise is that most of the tread patterns used are simply discontinued ones from the more well known brands anyway.

wizid, Dec 7, 2:05am
set on my 02 skyline good tyre . hold firm . not to bad in the wet

tamarillo, Dec 7, 3:13am

clark20, Dec 7, 3:25am
Then you should have more sense as tyres are only partly the tread, construction and quality rubber compounds make a big difference as well.

skully13, Dec 7, 6:00am
Got some SV308 225/50/16 on an au xr6. They came with the car when I bought it. Have put 7500km on them and they have suprised me. Half expected them to be crap in the wet, but they are ok. To lose grip in the wet you have to be pushing it. For 90% of the driving the car does they are fine

mad_signtist, Dec 7, 6:30am
Yeah have fun them on my falcon. Holden and Wingroad. Brilliant tyres. Scored well in consumer too. Supercats are trash compared t good ride

200sx, Dec 7, 9:35am
Wrong - I had the misfortune of using mates Legacy wagon for a week shod with brand new Goodrides. Noisy as hell (sounds like tractor tyres) and very poor grip and braking in back to back days of heavy rain in Wellington. I don't judge my opinions from a magazine like many on here.

sw20, Dec 7, 9:45am
Had new Goodrides fitted to my old Corolla XL liftback when I purchased it as a trade in from a dealer. I commuted from Governors Bay to Christchurch and back daily over Dyers Pass Road. I never realised how shit they were until I fitted a set of alloys the same size as the factory 14" wheels that came with a set of Yokohama S Drive tyres. It was literally night and day. The Yokos rode nicer, were quieter and the grip levels were instantly noticeable on the downhill corners.

bryshaw, Dec 7, 10:28am
Maxxis are getting good reviews from Consumer at around $195.

woodypc, Dec 7, 1:18pm
I have them on the back of my Diamante, they seem to be good and have decent reviews.

gram, Dec 7, 8:44pm
Yes and excellent tyres too. Just replaced Goodyear GS-D3s on my Audi with Maxxis Victra Asymmet partly because Consumer rated them so highly. They're quiet and very nice riding. Haven't thrashed them on a wet road yet tho.
There again the last set of Goodyear were made in Thailand and didn't feel as good as when they were made in China or Germany.

intrade, Dec 7, 8:49pm
gram (52
Please read the title GOOD- ride not good year
might have to read what is written on your tyre now .

gram, Dec 7, 8:57pm
Yeah I know Ronnie. I was replying to the post about Maxxis tyres.

tamarillo, Dec 7, 9:26pm
ACTS - Cool acronym. Have a look at November wheels mag if you can. Tested 9 tyres with three Chinese budget tyres. Serious blind testing in variety of conditions.
Three cheap ones at bottom of score.
Though, to be fair, even they were better than the legal but worn OEM hankook that was on the Hyundai i30 they used.
So, yes, main brand tyres do have an advantage, but if you really can't stump up for them any new tyre is better than your old ones. And you're right, any new tyre sold should be safe to use. Just some will be safer than others.
No doubt the differences will close up real quick though.

vtecintegra, Dec 7, 9:31pm
Yeah tread pattern on its own isn't particularly relevant.

I have some Altenzo 'Sports Comforters' which had copied the pattern from Pirelli and they were absolute garbage