WD21 95 Terrano rear brake issue

petermcg, Sep 2, 1:30am
My terrano has Disk brakes all round and they are not seized, I dont have any rear brakes enough to skid the wheels and cant get a wof. There is no load sensing valve, and I have bled through to the rear using the plastic tube into the glass container idea, and there does not appear to be any air, where to from here?

seadubya, Sep 2, 1:35am

petermcg, Sep 2, 4:04am
Yes, that is exactly what I have right down to every detail apart from I havent tried to change the Master cylinder. I have fluid passing freely with no air to the rear and using the tube into the glass method, So it would seem that the air may be in the actual calipers. I might try taking them off and making sure they are fluid and no air present,, and also the tapping with a copper hammer.

mm12345, Aug 3, 6:25pm
Had a quick read of that offroadexpress forum, and that dude didn't seem to get it sorted.
Are you sure that the pistons aren't seizing? They might push in okay, but if corroded inside, they might not push out far enough, and will go tight when the corroded part hits the seal. They might have corroded inside if the fluid hasn't been changed regularly. New seals (and pistons) if needed shouldn't cost much.
Air in the caliper will give you a spongy pedal.