Where would I find a "cruisomatic v8" Badge.

Page 2 / 2
gunhand, Sep 6, 5:21am
Cheers, will let you know. Can I ask you to measure it?
Not sure where we are going with this but we have holes to fill, and with a badge which would be better than doing the whole boot again, mutter mutter.

seadubya, Sep 6, 5:24am
Check back in about 20 minutes, I have a few of similar shapes to pull out and photograph next to a tape.

gunhand, Sep 6, 5:26am
Excellent stuff. Cheers.

gmphil, Sep 6, 5:33am
tryed fordgod?

gunhand, Sep 6, 5:35am
Hmmmm, no. Who and where are they?

seadubya, Sep 6, 5:39am
Front view https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/408399161.jpg Rear view to show pins (missing on 500 badge) https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/408399392.jpg
Falcon 500 is 195mm x 25mm. Let me know if you want a better photo of any.

gunhand, Sep 6, 5:42am
Cheers, will do. Many thanks, will run it by the others.

seadubya, Sep 6, 5:46am
No worries, with missing pins and not mint, you can just have it if it helps. I can put up a $1 buynow to get the address. I don't think the special one will help as the letters are cast, but the others are smoothish, if you wanted to sand them out and get a sign writer to re-letter.

gunhand, Sep 6, 5:49am
Again, cheers mate, much appreciated. Will know more on Monday once we discuss this option

gmphil, Sep 6, 6:09am
on here username
he dosnt seem to have anylisting at mo tho

gunhand, Sep 6, 6:13am
Oh ok. I will keep an eye out. Cheers.

lookoutas, Sep 6, 9:33am
Don't worry about the pins, just knock them off and use DST.

gunhand, Sep 6, 9:34am
Yep, broken pins are not an issue.

lookoutas, Sep 6, 9:57am
I reckon that Falcon 500 badge could be the same dimensions. Although my guess put the first picture as shorter, but I can imagine Ford pirating an existing badge.

treachug, Sep 6, 10:07am
Really? Haven't seen any email? Will try to remember to have a dig on Monday (flick us an email about it, RSNZ, Coleridge St, Chch) - we've got a special Ford badge box with a lot of oldies in it.

lookoutas, Sep 6, 8:35pm
Droool

gunhand, Sep 6, 9:11pm
Yep, Ive sent a few emails to wreckers. And as far as you guys go, no I haven't personally but I'm not the only one on the hunt for this badge (group effort) so one of the others may have. They did say the tried RS and GT spares etc in AUS but I suspect they looked at new repo badges and probably didn't make contact personally about second hand ones.
I remember going to RS CHCH decades ago and seeing what was what. I also remember other localish wreckers having all manner of badges in boxes and in display cases. So yea hoping there will be a stray one somewhere.
I will flick an email very shortly via your web sight.
Cheers.

All done, just sent one. Cheers

biddy6, Sep 6, 9:14pm
lookoutas wrote:
Don't worry about the pins, just knock them off and use DST.

Hi, can I ask what and were to get DST, thanks.

gunhand, Sep 6, 9:27pm
Double sided tape. Used on moldings and badges etc etc. Available from any motor accessory store or panel and paint supplies store.
Get a quality one as they are all not equal.

biddy6, Sep 6, 9:30pm
Thanks for the info.

lookoutas, Sep 6, 9:58pm
Sorry bid - I knew gun would know.

A 3M branded tape would be one of the best.

kevymtnz, Sep 6, 10:04pm
ive had a good look around net wise and its a very hard bit to find
id say call to as many wreckers as possible
still could be many boxes with emblems

lookoutas, Jul 24, 5:05pm
I would say not a hell of a lot of those came to NZ. They'd be very much like rocking house turd.