Classic Car Insurance

fairlane63, Jan 20, 6:14am
Who has the best bang for buck when it comes to Classic Car Insurance.

jhw2, Jan 20, 6:28am
I use AMI, and have found them very good. Policy does not have an annual mileage limit which is good for me.

lookoutas, Jan 20, 6:34am
I've just redone mine with Swann. But also a Mustang Club member, which makes a difference.
Having more than one also helps with their deal.

Had them with Classic Cover before, and very happy, except for not winning the T/Bird at the B/Hop.

Hey - I've known Pete from Swann for years, and I just wanted to support their support.
And how about this - Swann is underwritten by IAG, and I hate IAG with a passion. (the TA bastards)

bwg11, Jan 20, 6:38am
I changed to AA for a classic Cooper. Premium $106 pa. Named driver only. Less than 5000 kms/year. Half what I was paying previously for comprehensive.

dublo, Jan 21, 1:43am
I also use AMI and have had one or two claims for our family car and one of the classics (in all cases bumped into while parked.) No problems and they paid for a bumper rubbing strip to be airmailed from the UK after I did the legwork in finding a source of supply.
Just make sure the agreed valuation is as high as possible. It doesn't take much of a knock for the repair to cost more than the figure for which the car is insured, in which case it would be written off.

socram, Jan 21, 3:12am
Classic Cover for me. Probably more about loyalty than cost. They go through Vero and they were just brilliant. Took my car to a preferred repairer first. They contacted the insurance company and had it all back as good as new within 10 days. All I had to do was sign on pick up.

The strength of insurance is of course is only really apparent when you actually need it!

fast4motion, Jan 21, 3:48am
I'm with Classic Cover for one of my vehicles, although I'm not sure how the premium cost compares to other insurers. I like the fact that if my car is damaged, I have the option of being paid out in cash and repairing it myself, to my standards. And I feel secure that they'll look after me and my car if somebody else damages it, and their insurance company tries to screw me around.

thunderbolt, Jan 21, 3:59am
I use Protecta Classic car, no issues so far and pricing was pretty good.

Only claim has been a screen so far, and that went without a hitch.

thecoolshop, Jan 21, 4:52am
AMI for me too.

$35,000 cover for just over $5 a week and no km limit as above.

dublo, Jul 22, 8:12am
A little over $260 per annum for $35000 cover sounds good value!
AMI's fees for my old English $6000 cars is around $75 - $80 p.a. and I just hope any damage won't cost more than that to repair.