Vw polo cambelt

sheree7, Mar 2, 1:47am
Hi all,just got a 2002 vw polo and want to do cambelt,water pump etc.anyone know the best place to get the parts from,have someone to do the work,just need parts and costs,thanks.

tmenz, Mar 2, 2:17am
Search this message board for 'jazzpianoma' - you'll find lots of threads where he has suggested places to source VW parts.

tamarillo, Mar 2, 4:02am
You might need to say where you are.

daryl14, Mar 2, 4:04am
And whether you want to buy them from that big VW dealer in Timaru or not.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 2, 6:59pm
Probably easiest just to jump on ebay UK and grab a complete kit that includes a waterpump (shipping is a factor so all from one place is good).

You could also order coolant from ebay (Must be proper VW G13 don't get ideas of using something from supercheap in a VW). However you may not save that much due to weight/cost vs grabbing some from your local VW place.

Stick to good aftermarket brands for the waterpump and belts. Be wary of "good belts" being paired in kits with "chinese water pumps". Remember to mix your G13 coolant with de-mineralised water (I use pure dew from the supermarket, massive bottle is very cheap).

If someone has put "green" coolant in the car, flush the system with hose water while the engine is running, then flush again, then flush again, make sure the heater is on etc. You don't want ANY green left, especially if it's an auto. Also, if it is an auto don't forget to service the transmission periodically.

If you think I am being too fussy and other coolant will be OK, ask for an explanation. Wrong coolant can get VERY expensive in a VW.

sheree7, May 20, 6:57am
Thank you thejazz.just brought 2002 polo and inspect warning is showing so want to do asap.Didn't know about the coolant,i would of just used the stuff in garage[yeap it's green].transmission is next after cambelt sorted.First time VW owner and learning .Actually a nice car,although some idiot did put the indicators on the wrong side lol.