CAmbelt cost!

vitaminh, Oct 25, 8:38am
Hi all. Roughly what would should a cambelt on a 98 gallant cost! Cheers.

shane.64, Oct 25, 8:44am
About $40 from super cheap.Second belt you may need idler+ water pump

alimac1, Oct 25, 8:44am
about $40 for the belt. Bit to get one fitted, and maybe and maybe the waterpump, tensioners and idlers etc done your likely to be paying around $700 at a guess.

shane.64, Oct 25, 8:53am
Yea that's about right.Motors have become so reliable the cam belt has become the mechanics bread and butter

franc123, Oct 25, 9:06am
LMAO yeah right.

phillip.weston, Oct 25, 11:42am
we don't even know what engine it has. it can vary from a simple SOHC 4G63 through to a quad cam twin turbo V6. Cost of parts can be anywhere from $200 for the lot through to $600 for the lot - then there's labour which could be only a few hours for the 4G63 or nearly a day on the 6A13 VR-4.

the-lada-dude, Oct 25, 6:55pm
don't be so picky and padandic PHILLIP how many tossers would own something with a qctt V6 engine ! let alone ask for advise on this forum!
although your completely correct in what you say.

jsbike, Oct 25, 8:14pm
Phil simply stated the best and worst costs scenario.

phillip.weston, Oct 25, 9:42pm
the thing is the every day non-turbo Galant SOHC V6 shares 90% of the parts and takes the same amount of time to change the cambelt on than a VR-4.

Just saying that you can't specify any cost until you know what engine it is.

dyln.sampson, Jan 15, 10:46am
i had my cambelt changed on my 96 vr4 cost me $650 for master motors in otahuhu, auckland. new water pump and tensioners. they helped me out A++ for them