Ute deck mat?

bulldogod, Jun 7, 8:33am
what can you buy to cover deck of ute? need something non slip for dog

xs1100, Jun 7, 8:50am
get one of those deckliners beaut utes have them

whqqsh, Jun 7, 9:26am
I've just done the deck on my ute with decent thickness ply (ali chequer plate looks naff, like a hotplate in the sun for the dogs feet & everything rattles & slides across it). After a decent varnish to waterproof it just laid some of that outdoor, all weather carpet, same as artificial grass but light brown, in the half behind the cab. The dogs love it & thinking I should've done the whole thing

whqqsh, Jun 7, 9:27am
Ive got one of those in the back of my station wagon, very slippery & everything skates like buggery, especially as the things corrugated/contoured

franc123, Jun 7, 9:53am
A plastic tuff dek is equally useless for that task. Buying a textured spray on liner kit might be the most cost effective option. That or just getting the biggest rubber mat you can find.

4piggy, Jun 7, 10:42am
Bunnings have a large rubber deck liner for utes

tweake, Jun 7, 10:59am
there is a few places that have thick rubber mats. they use them in horse floats/trucks.

serf407, Jun 7, 11:01am
The numat probably have material for dogs.
http://www.numat.co.nz/agrimat/general-purpose-matting/atv-mats

treachug, Jun 7, 12:11pm
What make & model of ute?

twink19, Jun 7, 7:37pm
bought mine from Nu mat in Oamaru

msigg, Jun 8, 3:12am
Try that carpet for boats.

bulldogod, Jun 9, 5:26am
ended up getting thick rubber matting from bunnings. perfect

3beers, Jul 8, 6:33pm
there is a canopy company out west Auckland that does a mat for the back of utes . The drop in liners are way to hard for a dog to get any grip on . The spray in type are much better but still not perfect . Couple of friends have had an upholsterer put marine carpet in . and that works