CR 3032 Batteries

nzdoug, Mar 17, 2:08am
Who makes the best CR3032 battieries?
I replace the ones in my VWCC KESSY wireless system through the youtube instructions and I got 2 new bqtteries from New World and they seem really weak.
Normally I can pop the boot or unlock the vehicle from a hundred meters or so but the new ones wont do it until you about a meter away.
Any suggestions

pandai, Mar 17, 2:30am
I normally find Varta or Energizer to be fine

poppy62, Mar 17, 2:31am
Energiser. seen them quite cheap at the clearance shed in Pukekohe. they're about $6.00 + at bunnings.

trogedon, Mar 17, 2:33am
Are you sure 3032 and not 2032 which is a popular model of lithium battery?
Dick Smith etc have 2032s. There are good quality and not good quality ones. Seiko, Renata and Maxell are some of the best.

tamarillo, Mar 17, 2:55am
Surely if a battery is to spec it will work whatever? How can it be limiting range of remote?

nzdoug, Mar 17, 3:58am
I think your right but I dont want to take it out again until I get a replacement.
Thanks.

nzdoug, Mar 17, 3:59am
Because it doesnt have enuf juice to put out the signal.
I think.

edangus, Mar 17, 4:04am
DSE ones are shite

a.woodrow, Mar 17, 4:59am
New batteries are probably a bit old and half flat. Buy them from somewhere that turns them over fast so you know they are fresh

clark20, Mar 17, 5:07am
CR3032

The 30 is the diameter and the 32 is 3.2mm thick, so for above the 20 and 30 are totally different.

Check the voltage, should be over 3V or 3.1V. Also background conditions can affect range, say at an airport with plenty of radar interfering etc

dave653, Apr 24, 11:49am
I check the 'new' voltage of every battery I buy. Surprising how many are already low. Oh, Bunnings. Varta.