Mitsubishi WS3 Wheel Loader information required

petermcg, Mar 15, 9:23am
I have purchased one of these relics and would like to know a few things about it, Does anyone know what sort of oil goes in the transmission, what type of transmission , How many forward speeds. It has the S4e2 diesel motor. Any information at all would be appreciated.

fertman, Mar 15, 9:23pm
From 2005 Castrol book. Motor 7 litres of CRF 30 and power shift transmission 17 lites of 10w. We run Hydraulic 46 in our Komatsu which also says 10w. Have no other info than that.

petermcg, Mar 16, 12:09am
OK thanks for that, the oil is black looking now and I was wondering if it should look red. So 10 w is just an engine oil also, or is it specially for transmissions, and the hydraulic 46 sounds like a good option also.

fertman, Mar 16, 2:15am
Has a note that TFC 410 which is also sae 10w can be used in transmissions only. TFC is a monograde transmission oil. The hydraulic 46 we use covers a few applications, like Hydraulic motors on the spreaders, hoists on the trucks.

petermcg, Apr 20, 11:40pm
Ok I have sussed out a few things but would like to where the filter is for the transmission, can any one help.