Ford Focus diesel

tlharrex, Feb 25, 9:47am
Hi, just wondering if anyone on here has any real world experience with the above? Looking at say '05 to '10 model, to be used for 40km daily open road commute. Just wondering about overall reliability, fuel use etc. I have looked on overseas forums which seem to be awash with DPF problems but I have been led to believe the version we got here was not so equipped? Thanks in advance!

tamarillo, Feb 25, 6:22pm
Know a small business that swears by them and does lots of miles, but don't know about dpf. Remember all cars have a weak link somewhere, one thing that seems to be more common than other things. Europe is awash with diesel focus so hard to believe it's actually a dud in any way.

intrade, May 28, 10:56am
Any diesel has a dpf if it meets euro 4 emission as far as i know
my euro 3 vw has just the oxidation cat no dpf but its euro 3 emission.
only A Euro 4 diesel can be imported and registerd since a long time now for diesel its why we have a huge gap of japanese fleet diesel from mid 2000 because non meet euro 4 or tuffer emissions
i have made multiple threads about dpf problems here.
The problems are any new diesel must be serviced correctly , the problem is that the old swapatron wait till you see a problem attitiude cant be used on these. Once you see a real problem it will be to late. so the slightest thing a driver notices must be investigated and a explenation given by a professional as to what it is and if it needs repairing cleaning instantly or if it can wait. "if they have no explenation=
they are not a professional, even if they own a ford dealership"!
The next problem is the vast amount of lack of knowhow in diagnosing these seemingly unimportant problems, These domino in to a awalanch if not fixed befor they dominos s tart to move .
This basicaly applys to all newer diesel
For the rest please read my threads about ulsd diesel problems and commonrail problems. All suffer the same problems some are more resilient to others but overall they all nuke and system have changed a few time . like boch cp 1 now you have cp 4 H on secoundhand diesel 4 generation and counting , of commonrail exist under the bonnets of secoundhand diesel just from bosch alone.