Best Hatchback

Page 2 / 2
jmma, Feb 13, 1:46am
Lets have a bit of light relieve Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEmJ-VWPDM4

thejazzpianoma, Feb 13, 1:50am
You must have missed the CHCH example he gave with 105km. With that being a 12 year old car and they typical kiwi doing approx 15K a year (which would bring a 12 year old car to 180'000km) I would call a 105K car of that age low km, whether people laugh at me or not.

Go much lower than that and you are likely to have more issues from lack of use than you would get from wear on the components at that milage.

That said, I don't find the MK4 very good value at the moment, it's too close to what you can get a MK5 Golf for and the MK5 was a huge leap ahead technology wise. Most of it's competitors are only now, 12 years later really catching up to where the Golf was when the MK5 came out.

trogedon, Feb 13, 3:26am
You know me too well.

daryl14, Feb 13, 4:16am
HEY, your posts are getting a bit too personal and below the belt. Grow up a bit eh? People buy euro cars, deal with it.

msigg, Feb 13, 4:39am
got2trade, I am feeling a bit sorry for you having to read these posts, as you can see there are people on here trying to push their own agenda, why I don't know, It was good that you asked the mechanic, I would listen to what he say's more than this message board. The old pulsar was a great car, in the price bracket you are looking at there are untold makes and models, you need to narrow it down and take a few for a test drive, there are a couple of dealers on here who are very honest and give sound advise, Kazbanz is one, what are you friends driving? Getting something reliable is the key, that's Talk to who-ever is going to service it, pity you don't like the corolla as they have the ultimate reliability, Whatever you get make sure you get the coolant/anti freeze changed and the transmission oil. Good luck.

daryl14, Feb 13, 4:49am
Her first mistake was saying "I'm a young female". Now she has a thread full of dick swingers.

got2trade, Feb 13, 5:08am
I'm just reading the bits that apply to me and my search for a car so all good there :-)

It's funny how I started off looking at a budget of 3k which has gone up with a bit more savings deposited in my account and each time that happens it changes what I want and then I want the next price range up. Reality is I need a car by Monday week unless I take my chances with my boss and become unreliable for work. Today I've spotted the ford fiesta ST but luckily I hate the upholstery (leather seats would annoy me if they looked dull, ripped or scratched lol!

read-a-holic, Feb 13, 5:16am
I had a vw polo, they are lovely cars BUT are very expensive for maintenance, I sold to buy a toyota corolla

daryl14, Feb 13, 5:25am
Oh dear, Care to tell us where you serviced it?

jmma, Feb 13, 5:38am
So I'm getting pissed off with every thread turning into a Euro thread, when I go into a Toyota thread I want to read and talk about Toyota's.
The OP's ask about a certain Vehicle and then all the verbal diarrhea starts and everyone is all of a sudden Jap car dealers or trolls
So when this stops happening I will grow up.

tsjcf, Feb 13, 5:38am
Do you like the Honda civic hatchback mid 2000s to late 2000s plenty in your budget with low ks. Not very exciting to drive but practical.

daryl14, Feb 13, 5:42am
So your anger made you too blind to the young lady saying she had her heart set on a golf?

If you want a Toyota thread, start one. No need for personal attacks. It never got anyone anywhere but banned on this board.

taurus61, Feb 13, 6:20am
Well said. At last some one who actually read the original post, and makes a concise and factual post and not just hear say.

twincam1, Feb 13, 6:30am
Post #2 still there too.

daryl14, Feb 13, 9:09pm
OP if you are really stuck and need a car for monday, why not hire one for a week and give yourself some breathing room to get a potential buy checked out properly?

thejazzpianoma, Feb 13, 9:12pm
I agree, having time up your sleeve is everything with a purchase like this, and can potentially save you thousands. I do think though that she meant not this monday coming but the one after (Monday week). So still over a week to go yet, hopefully.

zak410, Jun 19, 9:58am
Phone again?