Price thoughts on XR6 ute please

hamhonda, Jan 21, 9:32pm
My cook is looking at getting one, she is keen on one at a car yard here in town but I think its well over priced. 2000 XR6 AU Falcon, 202000kms, auto. $12990! She does like the drive of it as its comfortably for her back, she drove a 04(?) BF XR6 but didnt like the dash or the handling/drive of that one, but was only $11000 (private) but had done 180000kms. Am I correct in thinking that even at car yard prices the AU is over priced?

smac, Jan 21, 9:36pm
Yep, heaps. Can get into an FG for that money, which is a FAR superior car in every way.

carclan, Jan 21, 9:37pm
Correct, in saying that my BA has done over 300000 km but reckon I could still get 8k for it

jason18, Jan 21, 9:42pm
Fg Ute for 12990 I would love to see that? Utes hold there value. I think maybe 8.5k max for that Ute. I found a 127km 01 au Ute xr8 for my brother and he paid 7k for it. Bloody bargain. I wouldn't pay anywhere near that

hamhonda, Jan 21, 9:47pm
Thanks guys, just needed the backing up as I was sure I was correct (obviously this doesn't happen often when "discussing" things with my wife haha). There is another AU in Auckland for around $8k which I'm trying to persuade her to look at BUT it has a woodgrain insert in the dash which she doesn't like but I'm sure I can get around that.

jason18, Jan 21, 9:51pm
Just wrap a bit of vinyl on the wood grain. Cheap and easy fix.

franc123, Jul 28, 6:49pm
Depreciation on utes is very very different to the equivalent model car. I would agree that its too much for what it is, I've seen XR8's with similar km and condition for less than that. If it was a very good one you would offer 11k at the outside IMO.