Black headlight covers

_eterknitty_, Jul 30, 2:25am
I really want to get some for my Commodore coz they would suit the look of the car and my current lenses are kinda yellowy and old but are they a serious pain in the butt to remove when its dark etc? I can see myself forgetting to remove them or never getting round to putting them back on. Anyone have any issues?

tamarillo, Jul 30, 3:00am
Are they legal? Struggling to see how they can be unless it's some weird stuff that actually lets light through.

You can't cover them up during the day, and if you did I'd be moe than happy if a copper booked your arse all the way to Mt Eden.

tamarillo, Jul 30, 3:02am
Have you cleaned the lenses you have, headlight restorer paste works and might help. Then add led day time lights if that looks better?

berg, Jul 30, 3:23am
All the ones I've see on Commodores, Falcons etc are NOT legal at any time due to the fact they also cover the indicators. Fit them at your own risk. Since a recent fatal motorcycle crash involving a car with tinted headlight covers obsecuring the indicators police will probably be taking a hard line on them

tamarillo, Jul 30, 4:09am
Hmmm, interesting. Has the commodore owner been booked and trashed?
Makes me bloody angry.

kelzzz, Jul 30, 5:12am
Oh really. Bugger. I hadn't thought about the indicators. I

jmma, Jul 30, 5:14am
OP probably hadn't either Lol (o:

berg, Jul 30, 5:15am
I think so

richardmayes, Jul 30, 5:29am
Sounds like a great upgrade to any car.

Dulls the light from the headlights.

Makes your indicators difficult or impossible for anyone to see.

But hey it "looks cool".

2sheddies, Jul 30, 5:42am
Agree. Saw some the other week, and just thought to myself 'what a poser'. looked so cheap. As you say, they have no purpose whatsoever. A bit like the young lads and ladesses who stretch pieces of black panty hose over the rear lights, because they think it looks cool. Until they get a ticket. OP as far as the law goes, I would certainly think putting any type of material or cover over any lenses, thus affecting their light output day or night, must surely be illegal.

tigger8, Jul 30, 6:12am
I used a paint restore product on my Commy headlights to get rid of the 'yellow' off the lenses, started off gently then worked to what it needed to clear the lenses : )

clark20, Dec 10, 1:39am
Yet this company thinks it is OK
http://www.renewcar.co.nz/

"high quality Tint coating that enhances the sporty look of your car without changing the beam colour or brightness" Tui anyone?