2013 Mitsi Triton rear springs

bjmh, Dec 9, 10:10pm
I have a customers 4wd wellside d/cab ute here,it has a canopy and a heap of gear in the back.The springs are bowing down and the ute looks like its bum down.Is this common,has anyone strengthened springs etc to overcome this.

macman26, Dec 9, 10:53pm
Used to do this with Holden Rodeos when they first came out. Had the springs removed and bowed more and an extra helper springs fitted. Then had to strengthen the chassis as they would crack behind the cab.

m16d, Dec 10, 12:00am
Crikey must have a load in it. I've had half a ton of firewood on mine and it doesn't sag too much at all.

mrfxit, Dec 10, 1:19am
Can't remember what brand this ute was but it was a very modern ute sitting on a hoist getting wheels done & the back springs were bowed upwards with NOTHING on the deck.
Just sitting on axle stands under the diffs

brapbrap8, Dec 10, 4:46am
What model is it?
I think the GLS came softer sprung than the GL or GLX.
I know the GLS is pretty soft, if I put my 300kg quad bike on the tray, the back end sags about 6 inches.
Our GLX triton seems heaps firmer but it is a single cab so a little hard to compare the two.

happylad3, Dec 10, 10:16am
Could just be where the load is sitting? With a double cab there's a lot of rear overhang. And single cab all the weight is over the axle.

tweake, Jul 4, 9:19am
yes, that is very much so.
while double cabs and single cabs may have the same load rating, on double cabs the load should be reduced because its sitting behind the axle. gets even worse with extended flat decks and extended towball.
plenty of pics around of broken chassis from to much weight overhanging and beefed up springs or airbags.

back on topic, quite a few of the utes don't handle big loads. can't remember on mitsi, i think one particular model was a shocker but no idea on year.