Caravan rego on hold/no warrant

m16d, Jul 14, 6:05am
Well as far as I'm aware you don't have to put a caravan or trailer on hold.
Our van was 3 months over on the rego,and when I renewed it I got 12 months from that day.
If you left it unrego'd for years it would expire and you'd have to get a new plate. been there done that too.

lookoutas, Jul 14, 6:07am
And if you reg'd it as new, it would comply under a 12 month WOF.

m16d, Jul 14, 6:12am
Yer OK,but mine was done before the 12 month stuff came out. I doubt that you could register a 1977 Lightweight as a new one but. ?

m16d, Jul 14, 6:46am
The electrical wof is totally separate from rego and a road wof.
You'll need an electrical wof to be allowed to hook up to the power in a camp ground [ if they bother to check ] most times they just ask but never look.
And you'll need rego and a wof to tow it on the road.

henreitta, Jul 14, 6:54am
Yip, totally seprate, you dont need a elec w o f , to get a normal rego / wof. you need to contact a electrical inspector to get the elec w o f. takes them about 10mins , and think my last one was around $40, thats for about 4 years

pete48, Jul 14, 6:59am
Hi Grannym, I see you are in Dunedin. For electrical warrant, ring Delta and organise a time for electrical wof. They will come and do it at your house (around $60 from memory). As mentioned, rego is not continuous on a caravan or trailer. Hope this is of help. Peter

skin1235, Feb 8, 10:16am
as peter says rego does not require a wof first either, you will need new plates unless the old owner has been renewing the 12 mth hold regularly, if was put on hold in the 90's and nothing has been done about rego since the plates will be expired
if such, list it as a refurbished caravan ( which it is ) and you will get 12 mthly warrants, think it is about $70 for new plates and 12 mths

if it is still live on hold just pay the $35 for the next 12mths, WoF is just a normal, lights tyres, general condition, , local servo will do that in a few minutes

the electrical WoF see above others replies