Oh no not BMW now

gammelvind, Sep 29, 8:07am

quickbuck, Sep 29, 10:16am
Very good.

It's usually the SWI that causes that though.

Seat to wheel interface.

poppy62, Sep 29, 7:56pm
Windows go down, yes? Stick a hand out the hole! Do hand Signals still have "traction" here? can't remember the last time I saw a legitimate hand signal.

serf407, Sep 29, 8:25pm

mm12345, Sep 29, 8:29pm
Aren't cyclists supposed to use them?
Oh - indeed they are:
http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/roadcode/cyclist-code/about-cycling/cyclist-responsibilities/#hand-signals

Last time I saw a cyclist use a proper hand signal was back in about 1983. Since then I've only ever seen them use the "shaking fist" and "single digit salute".

bill-robinson, Sep 29, 8:47pm
do you reply with the "wrist movement"

poppy62, Sep 29, 9:17pm
Those hand signals are universal now even truckies use them and Women!

zak410, Sep 29, 11:45pm
And Skoda too.

ema1, Sep 30, 1:01am
Skoda is part of VAG( VW Group) as is Audi and some others?

mm12345, Sep 30, 1:43am
Seat (Spain).

VAG seem to have confirmed that 2.2 million Audis with TDI 1.6 or 2.0 are included in the 11 million.
Skoda and Seat used the same engines. I haven't seen any numbers.
It seems that German authorities are likely to launch a criminal prosecution against Winterkorn.

There were two "generations" of engines in the US scandal, the earlier model (from 2009 to 2013?) with "NOx trap" emissions control, the later with "selective catalyst" (Adblue). Neither could be made to pass US emissions, but I've read that the later (Euro 6) cars in Europe may be able to made to meet standards in Europe by "software fix" alone.

The deal between Red Bull racing and VW seems to have been canned.
VW shares closed at under 100 Euro this morning. In May (about the time that they were announced largest car maker in the world) they were trading at 255.

rsr72, Sep 30, 3:54am

saxman99, Apr 10, 7:38pm
VW group companies: (wiki)

Audi
Lamborghini
Bentley Motors
Bugatti Automobiles
Porsche
Ducati
Ducati Corse
MAN SE
Scania