Mazda 6 GSX

rebeckah2, Dec 11, 5:24am
Can anyone help me with any information on this style of car ? Are all GSX's a sport version or is there a touring version of this model ? And how is it on gas ? cheers !

monaro17, Dec 11, 5:54am
Assuming you are talking the old model up to 2012 ish.

The mazda 6 is the NZ new version of the Mazda atenza. It was offered in three specifications. The base model GLX, the mid range GSX, and the top spec Limited. The GLX was/is popular with lease companies etc so is the most common. All three specs were offered in all body styles -sedan, sporthatch, and station wagon- except no GLX sportback(?) and no limited wagon(?)- not 100% sure. So you should be able to find a Limited sporthatch if you look hard enough.

The wagon/touring version is offered in GLX and GSX 90% of them being GLX.

They are a very nicely put together car and they drive superbly. by all accounts they are very reasonable on gas for their size

lady71, Dec 11, 6:00am
Have a nz model and love it. Can recommend. Very good on fuel plenty of room inside car and boot space

monaro17, Dec 11, 6:01am
Just a note-
you may want to look at the Jap import atenza versions. These are often far high spec dollar for dollar than the NZ new 6's. Some have cream leather, sunroof, heated seats etc etc

vtecintegra, Dec 11, 7:09am
Be aware though lots of them are lacking side/curtain airbags and cruise which you'd get on an NZ model.

Also Mazda leather kinda sucks so you're better off without.

tamarillo, Jul 1, 11:31am
Personally I found all but the limited to feel rather Spartan inside. Used as rentals a fair bit and great to drive but when looking to buy as company car I found the wagons to be just too plain inside and never saw a limited wagon, only limited hatch.
But maybe I was spoilt!
Great to drive though.

I tested 2 attenza imports and both had harsh suspension that bottomed out on my test road bump. NZ new ones don't. Sure not all imports ones are like that but do test and if it looks low.