Spark plug / ignition leads

kecal, Mar 3, 5:07am
want to relpace my leads on vy commodore ss 2004 series 2, . told by holden leads cost $75 each , can some one suggest a good quality alternative?
thanks.

v8_mopar, Mar 3, 5:11am
A car that age I would just be replacing what it needs. 12 years being the best before date.

Or have they all stuffed out?

kecal, Mar 3, 5:29am
no not stuffed just like to keep things serviced and up to date

sw20, Mar 3, 5:35am
$75 each lead? Which means $600?

franc123, Mar 3, 5:38am
Get a price from BNT for a full set, if that seems too dear see what's on fleabay, being a Chev engine there could be something in the US that is the same.

intrade, Mar 3, 5:38am
dont know where you buy your parts from a client i have in manukau purchased platinum plugs 4 for 25$ all 4 she said . and just had a client come by for his mazda now sit down first timing belt tensioner over 200$ and the cam belt they want 400$ for a simple mazda original cambelt . zjey also did order the tensioner wrong so he got the tensioner for 180+ gst for the f,%çk -up when he went to then pay thes gave him a bill for 250$ for this tensioner , wops sorry another f-up
how nice always in there pocket.
i hate to have any of these f . n morons work on any car if they cant even press a button on the computer right.

bigfatmat1, Mar 3, 5:41am
leads are not generally something that wear out. Other factors may cause failures however

intrade, Mar 3, 5:42am
the holdens are from maunukau holden we seem to get good prices just fitted new radiator o-e-m holden vectra one cost 400$ but hey it is a big oem one and the original lasted 12 years. so if the oem new one lasts another 12 then it probably outlast the vehicle now.
so try a few holdon places for prices and ask for discounts it was the first few words of english i spoke lol.

gmphil, Mar 3, 5:42am
851715772 these

snoopy221, Mar 3, 5:44am
Plan on doing ya leads when ya do ya plugs.
Age and heat gets to them and problems are usually caused by them breaking internally when being removed.

intrade, Mar 3, 5:44am
leads get high resistence i am wondering do 2004 with leads the 03 holdens both have coil on plugs. might have to order em from GM usa for what ever GM car it is there

intrade, Mar 3, 5:45am
jup

franc123, Mar 3, 5:53am
They are one coil per plug mounted up on the rocker covers BUT they are connected by short HT leads, with the plugs mounted in the conventional place down by the exhaust ports, Its still a pushrod V8 and doesn't use a DOHC arrangement with Hemi chambers like most modern engines do and hence no plugs living down long tubes.

intrade, Mar 3, 5:56am
re* 13 so i assume there is a equivelent GM engine in the usa you can import the parts to your door from there solong as its not over 360$ nz with transport.

franc123, Mar 3, 6:04am
I dont know for certain but it would be worth checking out, depends on whether Holden used a different coil type to its Chev equivalent in the States. It is simply their all alloy 5.7L V8, aka the Gen3 V8.

ozz1, Mar 3, 6:09am
hey mat got some here. but my little puppy dosent like you? big girls blouse. "(. cheers :)

dave653, Mar 3, 7:00am
I'd check the resistance on the old leads first. If they measure well. leave them there. I've had my Taylor Spiro Pro leads for over 10 years with no drop in measurement. yes, I check everything regularly.

supernova2, Mar 3, 7:43am

bigfatmat1, May 19, 5:02pm
na it's the dairy owner ya dog doesn't like