Captiva vs santafe

Page 2 / 2
richardmayes, Jun 11, 5:14am
gman -

Remember that for every one of us who are interested in cars and enjoy driving, there are probably 4 or 5 people out there could not care less about the "feel" of a car, and derive no "enjoyment" whatsoever from driving.

From their point of view, the Craptiva is fine because:

1) It has airbags and traction control, and Iso-fix booster seat anchor points, therefore it is safe to have little Tarquin and Xavier in the back of it when I drive the whole family around in it at the weekend (for free.)

2) It is the biggest car I can afford within the budget that the boss gave me for a new company car;

3) It goes;

4) It stops;

5) It is a company car so petrol is free;

6) It is a company car so I don't care how reliable it is, I will be throwing it away and getting a new one in 3 years' time;

7) My work phone connects to it automatically;

8) You can fit a decent load of groceries, firewood or rubbish in the boot;

9) It is bigger than the Mazda 6s that our sales reps are driving, that must mean I'm a bigger man than the sales reps!

10) It is new so everything is under warranty.

nesta129, Jun 11, 6:03am
why don't you ask a copper for his advice of a Captiva if he has driven one?
Talking cars with two of them one day and they said the Captiva had woeful handling,

andy61, Jun 11, 6:19am
Isuzu is no longer owned by GM, GM sold Isuzu in the 2008 Credit crunch.

3tomany, Jun 11, 6:27am
sorry didn't see that post munchy but no Isuzu and GM are totally separate, I think Colorado is the only carry over product from their divorce

franc123, Jun 11, 6:41am
quote=franc123]Been around since 2012, for the 2013 model year and has been revised twice since, mainly with equipment and tech changes. Got nothing to do with Daewoo and only has a few Isuzu derived parts, its a global GM product made in Thailand and a couple of other places with an Italian diesel engine and Eaton/GM drivetrain.[/quote]

Already been discussed a month ago.

gman35, Jun 11, 9:22am
Yes richardmayes I get that many people may not be as "enthusiastic" about the very finer points of driving a vehicle compared to others, but an uncomfortable bed is an uncomfortable bed, a cheap keyboard will feel like the buttons are loose to both me and you, so how can someone not tell through their hands,backside, and whatever other human senses etc that a crap car is a crap car ! ?

stevo2, Jun 11, 9:35am
Agreed but at the end of the day, many buyers just think of a car as a means of getting from A to B and to them what matters most is $$$$$.
Others want to be seen in something that looks new and shiny and will impress the neighbours and friends but they wouldnt know the difference between understeer and Torquesteer, not that the Craptiva is going to have much of the latter.

brapbrap8, Jun 11, 11:43am
Because most people choose to drive cars that aren't that nice to drive like Holden or Toyotas for example. Put them in a nice Audi for a week and see if they want to drive the Captiva after that.

gman35, Jun 11, 8:46pm
stevo , if $$$ mattered though, I certainly wouldn't be buying a brand new Captiva which can only plummet in value, compared to a used & better vehicle which won't nearly as much. I do know people like the new & shiny you refer to, they usually own very little of anything that is quality.
brapbrap , do you mean "have only driven" rather than "choose to drive", as post doesn't make sense otherwise ?
I do think that many people just have no feel for quality in many mechanical things though and couldn't even tell an Audi from an Austin.
Anyway, people are different but I just can't understand why you would spend your own money especially, on a new but quicker depreciating & cheap feeling vehicle (which is something we spend so much time in) compared to something that you can actually enjoy & admire a bit.

monaro17, Jun 11, 10:20pm
What a massive generalisation. you have just said that all holdens and Toyotas are not nice to drive. Boy that must mean you drive something simply astonishing such as a Bentley mulsanne?

Without straying to far away from the thread- I reject your statement. I haveowned nnumerous cars over the years from many many different manufacturers from many countries and I now drive a VE Commodore- why? Because they drive very well, go very well and do exactly what they say on the box. And far nicer to drive than a late model passat I had the use of for a while

richardmayes, Jun 12, 12:03am
Some fridges have door magnets that are too strong, or not strong enough, so the door just doesn't feel right when you open or close it.

Some fridges it is very hard to get the freezer part to the temperature you want, without making the fridge part too warm or too cold.

Some fridges have an annoying plastic sheet that sits on top of the crisperator bin in the bottom, that easily gets foouled up and bent or broken.

Some people REALLY REALLY HATE these sorts of faults and will go to great lengths to get a fridge that "feels right".

While others couldn't care less, and just want a fridge that is big enough to fit all their food at the cheapest possible price.

gman35, Jun 12, 1:04am
Great post richard !
(I certainly would not want to sit in the fridge looking at that cheap plastic crisperator sheet for 2hrs on a long trip, the grip on those Korean spec. roller wheels would be rubbish also).

3tomany, Jun 12, 5:20am
If your mates come around for a beer the last thing you want is for them to laugh at ya fridge, makes a man feel inferior

mike590, Jun 19, 6:36pm
Bought a Santa Fe

stevo2, Jun 19, 6:52pm
Great decision

3tomany, Jun 19, 9:14pm
+1 thanks for getting back

doglover2003, May 26, 2:33am
Stay well clear of a pistiva - poked round 170k, when
big dollars need to be spent - another junk Holden product.
The Santa be ok - just buy a Nissan and be done with it,
buy the best forget the rest !