Ford announce Mustang prices today

Page 1 / 2
tgray, Mar 4, 1:10am
2015 eco boost 4 cylinder $56.990
and V8 $71990 (auto and manual)

Coming to your local Ford dealership soon.

tamarillo, Mar 4, 1:29am
Cool. But that's $10g more than eco boost in Australia, just like the ST focus, whilst I thought we were pretty much level pegging prices on imported car with aus these days.
Hopefully the Japanese will buy them so we get them later!

brapbrap8, Mar 4, 1:31am
Haha about $15k cheaper than various importers are selling imported versions for at the moment, how many will be making a loss having to cut prices to move them?

serf407, Mar 4, 2:09am
The Australian Japanese used car buyers and Russian used car buyers will probably pay more for a used Mustang in Japan in a few years time than a NZ used buyer?
Japanese engine size tax favours the sale of ecoboosts rather than v8s?

tamarillo, Mar 4, 5:53am
Interesting thinking about its price and what compares. An 86 with performance chip and a few other goodies would still be less than eco boost, though smaller it's still a 2 plus 2.
The V8, I dunno. What will compete once Aussie cars are gone. 370z is much smaller and no back seats. I'm stumped!
That makes the v8 the possible best seller here at least. Maybe.

brapbrap8, Mar 4, 6:17am
German performance coupes I think, and it beats them by a good margin in price. Won't be as refined still I don't think.
Never know though, the C7 Corvette is compared to Porsches in almost every review now,

tamarillo, Mar 4, 6:21am
Could be some serious discussions about choice of mustang or focus with same ecoboost engine! Complete dichotomy.

tamarillo, Mar 4, 6:22am
Yes that new C7 is kicking some serious butt. Lhd though.

3tomany, Mar 4, 7:00am
I understand 80% of the first shipment are v8

tgray, Mar 4, 7:42am
And beats them on every review.
More horsepower, faster and half the price of a 911 Carrera.

tgray, Mar 4, 7:43am
Having owned a 7 speed manual and now an auto, they truly are awesome cars.

tgray, Mar 4, 8:08am
Considering the V8 in Aussie will cost $54990 and $71990 in NZ, they are getting a bargain when you take into account our exchange rates are approaching parity.

karlp2, Mar 4, 8:37am
Interesting pricing - Ford USA website pricing. a brand new ecoboost mustang retails for US$23,880 which is just NZ$31,680. This is full retail with deals available through dealers. Allowing for freight/duty surely a 80% premium over the full retail price means we are still paying far too much here in NZ?

Ausi pricing confirmed today = NZ$46,668 for the ecoboost, and NZ$57,042 for the V8. Yep we're definately paying a lot more than we should be.

3tomany, Mar 4, 8:57am
http://www.caranddriver.com/ford/mustang/pricing price depends on our spec sheet start ticking boxes and they get expensive in the states as well

tamarillo, Mar 4, 9:08am
Karlp2, I agree but to be fair everyone pays more than US prices for pretty much anything, so the mustang isn't out of norm there. Plus I understand local taxes get added to advertised prices in US, it's not inclusive, though I stand to be corrected.
At end of day ford have made a call as to how they want to price it and they evidently feel they can go for a premium and might be happy to not move too many. Bugger.

rsr72, Mar 4, 9:12am

tamarillo, Mar 4, 9:26am
This one was more fun as it let me see the car I was building; http://t.bp3.ford.com/2015-Ford-Mustang?branding=1&lang=en&gnav=header-cars#/Style/Config[|Ford|Mustang|2015|1|1.|050A.P8A. COU.44X.~YZKAA.PR.LESS.] I spent US$31,000 on an ecoboost with recarro seats and few nice options without being silly. That didn't include state taxes. https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/367763394.jpg

I configured an 86 with only a nice exhaust, no pricey wheels or suspension at all, and it's $46,000.
To be fair the stang should carry an extra $10g, it's a fair bit bigger and even in ecoboost more powerful.
That'll be a great two way comparison! Hopefully wheels mag do one.

lookoutas, Mar 5, 7:57am
Just got this from a Ford dealer.
Backs up tg + convertible prices

EcoBoost?

lookoutas, Mar 6, 7:12am
It looks like those piss-pots will do about 14 sec 1/4's, straight out of the box.
And with a bit of tuning they got one down to 12.69. Which is about what a V8 will do straight up.
My 06 4.6 is supposed to get into the 12's

sw20, Mar 6, 8:24am
Not out of the box it won't. You might be lucky to hit high 13s in a manual, low 14s in an auto.

lookoutas, Mar 7, 4:58am
That's why I used "supposed"

doglover2003, Mar 7, 10:44pm
Overpriced, no cool factor when every man and his dog driving them.
Anyone driven one, are they "vanilla" like most modern cars to drive,
to smooth ? Give me an old skool crackling and popping carbureted
muscle car anyday - The Kool Factor

lookoutas, Apr 10, 7:19am
Had to dredge this up.

Heard an interesting fact yesterday of an Auckland dealers stats.
50% of pre-ordered Mustangs are white, and the other 50% consists equally of red and black, with 4 blue ones chucked in.
No green, orange or yellow have yet been ordered.

Would be interesting to know the engine stats.

mals69, Apr 10, 7:32am
WTF ? 17K more than what an Australian has to pay - stinks !
Through my eyes 2015 model not as nice looking as previous model
anyway - lost the plot in more ways than one.

serf407, Apr 10, 10:28am
Rather drive a coyote powered Ranger that sounds like this.
https://youtu.be/7P0Mg4bMG-w?t=1m