Suzuki Swift

Page 2 / 2
tgray, Jul 20, 5:55am
Back to OP's question:
200,000 may or may not be high, depending on the model year.
Please let us know and we can answer your question.

johotech, Jul 20, 6:04am
No, he just loves collecting all the required tool, test equipment, knowledge and parts required to continuously repair them. Everyone has to have a hobby you know.

footplate1, Jul 20, 6:31am
My wife has a Suzuki. She never gets more than about 380 k's from a tank of petrol. Has mentioned it to her mechanic - who is indifferent.

OOI, what are others getting from their Suzuki Swifts?

thejazzpianoma, Jul 20, 6:45am
I will take a punt that it is the standard 4 stage auto version?

Only the sport and the very new Jap import 1.2 are anything like efficient. Those are the best value too, an almost new low km 1.2 import for around 13K is actually entering the realms of being reasonable value.

For what it's worth, we get a consistent 5l/100km over a tank out of our 1.2 Fiat Panda Auto, that's mostly doing our daily commute. Was overdue for some service items when I got it so have reported slightly over this in past. That's a fairly good yardstick for a small car with a basic motor.

jessie01, Jul 20, 6:46am
hi its a 2005 1.5 . price is 5400

jessie01, Jul 20, 6:47am
and its a manual

countrypete, Jul 20, 6:51am
Sounds like a very fair price, if it's a tidy well maintained Swift. If it's NZ new it will be the 1.5 engine which is a beaut, and being manual you can expect around 5litres per 100kms in real world driving.

henderson_guy, Jul 20, 6:53am
As others have alluded, it's all in how it was treated and maintained. it could be an absolute minter with high KMs, or it could be a total dog. As always when purchasing a car, get a pre-purchase inspection done by a trusted mechanic, in an ideal situation it's always best to go to a franchise workshop, i.e. go to a Suzuki workshop to inspect a Swift, but your own mechanic is a good option.
Seems a good price for a Swift, I'd stay away from Fiats and the like, they're cheap in this country for a reason. Our pushy friend though will try and move mountains to convince you otherwise.
Good luck!

jessie01, Jul 20, 6:54am
I have decided to buy this little car it has to be cheaper to run than my V8 Commodore

treachug, Jul 20, 7:13am
'06, 1600, auto, now done about 141kms I think, I can get just under 500kms if driven normally. But with size 12 feet gets me around 400km. Makes sure she runs it on 95 octane or better. not 91 octane. This was stressed to me by local Suzuki dealer - what a difference in performance & economy on higher octane!

stevo2, Jul 20, 7:17am
Mrs Stevo has just bought a new Suzuki S-Cross Ltd and although its only done 1100km and 1/2 way through its second tank of 91 octane, it's returning 6.0lt/100km of mostly city running (claimed 5.9 lt/100km).
It uses the same 1600cc engine as the Swift Sport (detuned).
Most of NZ seem to be happy with them http://www.canstarblue.co.nz/vehicles/cars/

treachug, Jul 20, 7:19am
Yep, go for it. I imported a '06 1600 Swift Sport with 134000kms in October last year - gone from '01 V6 Commodore to the Swift & still enjoy driving it. Awesome to & from work & around the city etc. Goes great, handles like a go kart & waaaay more economical than the V6

compchick, Jul 20, 7:24am
'13 Swift Sport, manual, i get between 550 - 600km week in week out, motorway driving run on nothing less than 95 octane. It's currently done just under 45,000km.
To the OP I came from driving a Holden Crewman into this tiny wee car, I was bloody skeptical as to whether i would like the Swift. But I will be honest it's a great fun car to drive, no issues nothing. I have friends at work who've owned them, the older variety and newer i haven't heard of a bad word spoken about them.

tgray, Jan 21, 8:27am
Whilst not a real bargain, (I think it is a $5000 car), it is a sensible choice and will probably serve you well.
These cars are the best selling hatch in NZ and as you have seen, hold their value.
Well done.